The University of Helsinki
The VEIL.AI Innovation project is looking for a curious, credible, and a highly sales and customer oriented commercial professional to join our team in Helsinki, Finland.
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven team aiming to form a start-up company very soon? We are currently seeking a commercial professional for an EC funded innovation project. The position is fixed-term until the end of 2020. The position will be at the University of Helsinki, on the Meilahti campus in Helsinki, Finland. Moreover, it is likely that the chosen person will be offered a possibility to join the startup as a senior sales and commercial executive. We have guaranteed funding for the project until the end of 2020. Further funding negotiations proceed well, too. You would work closely with other commercial people and our highly talented technical team.
As a result of 20+ years of management of the most sensitive health, biobank and genome data, we have developed a novel artificial intelligence approach that solves several of the most wicked problems in use of sensitive health data.
As a “by-product”, our method can be used to generate synthetic data. We have very exciting collaborations and leads on this topic, too.
A patent has been filed for the core technology.
We already collaborate with Fortune500 tech, pharma and analytics companies, and we have already generated an exciting sales pipeline.
More information can be found at www.veil.ai
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate with leads and convert them into sales
- Build sales, pre-sales and after-sales processes
- Support digital professionals in building and running lead generation and nurturing processes
- Be active in lead generation and nurturing
- Possibly, depending on your wishes and experience, you may become a product owner
- Collaborate closely with other commercial key persons, consultants and R&D to guarantee that customer understanding is at a maximal level.
Task requires traveling, mainly in Europe but also in the US.
Who you are
- You are self-reliant and have practical hands-on business capability – i.e. a readiness to work within the start-up environment. Previous entrepreneurial or leadership experience is a big plus.
- You have strong commercial mind-set and experience in demanding customer interfaces – preferably in hospital, pharma or city data context.
- You are a team player with ability to work with several stakeholders and people with different backgrounds. Strong interpersonal and communication skills is a plus.
- Credible in CXO level negotiations with Fortune500 organizations in English language. Other languages a plus.
What we offer for you
- Meaningful job: Within this team you can make a difference and change the way how both data privacy and usefulness of data is maximized.
- Exciting startup opportunity: We aim to form a company to conquer global markets. After the EC project phase there is an opportunity to have a paramount role in the management of the company to be formed.
- Quality of the team: The VEIL.AI team consists of a high performing team with state-of-the-art research from University of Helsinki.
- Exciting customer meetings: We already have shown that our technology will bring us to the negotiation table of the globally leading tech, analytics and pharma companies.
We wish the employment to start asap. We search for a full-time agreement, but a soft landing with a few months of part time work is also possible - depending on your situation.
To apply, please submit your application using the University of Helsinki electronic recruitment system by clicking on "Apply for the position". Current employees of the University of Helsinki must submit their applications through the SAP HR portal.
Please, send your application by November 15, 2019. However, do not wait for too long, as interviews will be started immediately and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
The University of Helsinki is a vibrant scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. It is one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities and ranks among the top 100 international universities in the world. It is currently investing heavily in life sciences research.