Embassy of Denmark in Finland
Commercial advisor for the Environment, Energy and Industry sector at the Danish Embassy in Helsinki
Position: Commercial advisor (Environment, Energy and Industry)
Type of employment: Full time permanent position
Starting date: June 1, 2018
Location: Danish Embassy in Helsinki, Mannerheimintie 8, 00100 Helsinki
Deadline for application: March 27, 2018
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team, working with positioning and branding of Danish environment, energy and industrial solutions in Finland, do you want to work in the heart of Helsinki?
Do you have sector expertise and sales experience within the maritime, environment or energy sector? Do you have a commercial mind set and are you a team player? If yes, then you could be our new commercial advisor for the Environment, Energy and Industry team at the Danish Embassy in Finland. Working in a professional team with colleagues from the Nordic-Baltic region.
Main tasks and responsibilities as commercial advisor
As a commercial advisor, you will be promoting Danish trade and investments in Finland and support Danish companies in their internationalisation efforts.
You will create and maintain networks with relevant companies, public institutions, organizations and other possible partners with an interest in using Danish solutions. Likewise, you will use your contacts to promote and sell Danish solutions on the Finnish market.
The trade council team at the embassy consists of a Danish trade counsellor, two local commercial advisors (including this position) and two trainees.
- A relevant academic and/or a commercial education for instance candidate or bachelor in business or engineering.
- Working experience from the Finnish maritime, environment or energy sector.
- Concrete experience with sales, export and internationalization.
- An understanding of the regulatory and market related opportunities and challenges in Finland.
- Diplomatic skills and good cultural understanding.
- Being able to communicate and negotiate in Finnish and English.
- A drive for reaching your goals and work independently in a team.
- Knowledge of Danish solutions related to maritime, environment, energy and/or industry.
- Knowledge of working with promotion on social media platforms
- An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment
- Great opportunities for further development of your professional and personal skills.
- A large degree of self-dependence
- Being part of a regional Nordic-Baltic Environment, Energy & Industry team.
- Being part of the foreign ministry’s global industry-team, which is a network for commercial advisors situated at Danish missions abroad.
- The position will require limited travel activities primarily in Finland and Denmark, but also to other Nordic-Baltic countries.
- We offer a full time permanent employment on a local contract based on relevant legally binding labour market rules of Finland.
- Standard working hours of 37½ hours per week including lunch break with a large degree of flexibility in organizing your own daily working hours
- 25 working days paid holiday per year.
- A salary reflecting your qualifications, relevant experience and proven work-related results.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and references) in English to the embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Commercial Advisor”. You will have to pass a security clearance before employment.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews – expected to take place April 12.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact trade counsellor Troels Jakobsen at email@example.com.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1113835
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Sähköposti: Lähetä sähköpostia
- Sijainti: Helsinki