Commercial advisor for Health & Tech
Embassy of Denmark
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team, working with positioning and branding of Danish business solutions in Finland and do you want to work in the heart of Helsinki?
Do you have sector interest and sales experience within Health and/or Tech? Do you have a commercial mindset and are you a team player? If yes, then you could be our new commercial advisor working in a professional team with colleagues from the Nordic-Baltic region.
Main tasks and responsibilities as commercial advisor
As a commercial advisor, you will be promoting Danish trade in Finland and support Danish companies in their internationalisation efforts. Your focus sector will be Health and Tech. In Finland we have presently focus on digital health, health robotics and hospital constructions, but you will also assist Danish companies outside your own focus sector.
You will create and maintain networks with relevant companies, public institutions, organizations and other possible partners with an interest in using Danish solutions. Likewise, you will use your contacts to promote and sell Danish solutions on the Finnish market.
The Trade Council team at the embassy consists of a Danish trade counsellor, three local commercial advisors (including this position), one local junior commercial advisor and one Danish trainee. You will also be part of a sector team of colleagues working at the Danish embassies in the other Nordic and Baltic countries.
- A relevant academic and/or a commercial education for instance candidate, bachelor or master in business or engineering.
- Working experience with export promotion, preferably within health and tech sectors.
- Experience with sales, export and internationalization, or business development, consulting, economic diplomacy and/or project management.
- Understanding of the regulatory and market related opportunities and challenges in Finland.
- Diplomatic skills and good cultural understanding.
- Being able to communicate and negotiate in Finnish and English.
- A drive for reaching your goals and work independently in a team.
- Knowledge of Danish companies.
- Knowledge of working with promotion on social media platforms.
- Understanding of a Scandinavian language.
- An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment.
- Great opportunities for further development of your professional and personal skills.
- A large degree of self-dependence.
- Working in a matrix organisation where daily leader is head of trade in Helsinki but also being part of a regional Nordic-Baltic Tech & Health team with a team leader likewise situated in Helsinki.
- Being part of the Danish Foreign Ministry’s global industry team, which is a network for commercial advisors situated at Danish missions abroad.
- The position will require limited travel activities primarily in Finland and Denmark, but also to other Nordic-Baltic countries.
- We offer a full time permanent employment on a local contract based on relevant legally binding labour market rules of Finland.
- Standard working hours of 37½ hours per week including lunch break with a large degree of flexibility in organizing your own daily working hours.
- The Trade Council performs export advisory against payment, and has a number of shared KPIs, including value creation and earnings. Salary according to qualifications and after individual agreement.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and references) in English to the embassy at email@example.com marked “Commercial Advisor” by December 2nd 2020. You will have to pass a security clearance before employment.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews in December.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Trade counsellor in Helsinki Peter Plesner at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for application: Wednesday 2.12.2020