Cloud Solution Architect
Cargotec is at the forefront of the transformation in the cargo handling industry. Our cargo handling solutions and services make global trade smarter, better and more sustainable. As leaders in ports, on roads and at sea, our business areas Kalmar, Hiab and MacGregor have a unique position to optimise global cargo flows and create sustainable customer value.
Join us for a smarter and better everyday
Cargotec's Corporate office is looking for an experienced Cloud Solution Architect to join our Data driven services team. In its transition from equipment to service leadership, Cargotec is investing in digitalization to become the leader in intelligent Cargo handling by 2020. In this role, you will contribute as a key player in our digital services development and Public Cloud nurturing. This position is located in Cargotec’s office in Helsinki, Tampere or Kaarina.
Public Cloud has been defined as core element in Cargotec’s IT strategy. Our IT landscape is rapidly transforming, bringing SaaS & Cloud -based solutions to the core of our business processes. IoT, Big data & Analytics is one of our biggest public cloud implementations with lots of new developments planned for this year.
You as Cloud Solution Architect would be playing a significant role in Cargotec IT strategy development and implementation. In this role you would be responsible for Cloud architecture and nurturing Cloud computing expertise to drive cloud adoption in hybrid model. On the house you will get great team climate, high ethical standards, and good leadership.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Design of Cloud environments with a focus on AWS, demonstrating strong Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge;
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including application movements into the cloud;
- Foster Cloud computing expertise throughout the company and define technical guidelines for our cloud deployments.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Expert knowledge of AWS platform features and capabilities, knowledge of Google Computing platform is a plus
- Vendor certified in AWS
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
- Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to AWS
- Knowledge and experience of AWS pricing and commercial models and how to optimise for a given engagement or use case
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Network integration experience with AWS Direct Connect and/or network design (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
- Identity and access integration AWS IAM
- Thorough background on general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, Identity, Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English and preferable also either in Finnish or Swedish
You will be part of:
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and experience into work and make an impact in our global organisation and the cargo handling industry. You will work together with great colleagues from various backgrounds inspired by shared, ambitious goals. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture. With us, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself professionally. Join us to make a difference - and have fun while doing it.
Interested to join?
For further information about the position, please contact Pekka Mikkola by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application and CV with salary request in English on our company web page not later then 31.03.2018.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1114709
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki, Kaarina, Tampere