We are now looking for a professional with strong interpersonal and change management skills to work in our Clinical Operations based in Espoo, Finland asCLINICAL OPERATIONS HEAD OF SITE MANAGEMENT NORDICS
(Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark)YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
WHO YOU ARE
- Leadership and functional management of the Clinical Operations Site Management organization Cluster Nordics (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) which includes country leads, with approximately 80 individuals. This also includes ensuring collaborative behaviors at key interfaces within Global Development and other external groups.
- Define the strategic direction of Site Management Nordics and align goals and objectives to ensure that all clinical trials are delivered in a quality manner. Ensure strategic alignment of the goals to those of Global Development and Pharma Development. Ensure alignment with countries / sub regions of Site management EU.
- Ensure support of the SBU Oncology development activities within site management.
- Leadership and functional management of Nordics SM organization. This also includes ensuring collaborative behaviors at key interfaces with other two site management regions and within GCD and other external groups.
- Ensure Site Management Nordics organizational structures are set up, resourced and trained appropriately to deliver upon Clinical Development and country clinical trial commitments. Ensure Country Leads drive each country to achieve its fullest potential with sufficient quality to bring drugs to market according to agree upon timelines.
- Ensure that the Site Management function stays within the approved functional budgets and FTEs, ensuring the budget and FTEs meets approved target.
- Ensure that global Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Site Management, are developed, maintained and are compliant with the applicable international regulatory requirements (e.g. ICH GCP or FDA), and that these SOPs are being adhered to by members of Site Management.
- Collaborate with the Business Excellence & Innovation function to maintain a continuous improvement culture within CDO, eliminating redundancies, mitigating potential risks and identifying improvement opportunities and develops/executes implementation plans. Collaborates with BE&I Learning Academy to ensure optimal training strategy developed and implemented for CDO to remain current with business needs and industry trends.
- Identifies candidates with high potential and implements the necessary development plans. Ensures current and appropriate succession plans are in place for all manager and leadership positions.
- Approximately 15 years of clinical development experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or leading CRO.
- 10 years of managerial experience.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical development and business experience in order to have a thorough understanding of the processes associated with clinical and regulatory operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- Able to operate across all therapeutic areas, across all phases of drug development, including life cycle management, and across the Bayer worldwide organization.
- Ability to organize and direct diverse activities in an uncertain, changing and often time sensitive environment.
- Leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills to provide clear vision, direction, and purpose in the different cultures present within the Pharma Development organization.
- Strategic and broad thinking.
- Strong communication skills to ensure that Nordics goals are cascaded, and that project plans and status are transparent, and that risks, issues, and results are clear to all involved parties.
- Project management and resource management (staff and financial capabilities) experience to ensure CDO has the appropriate internal and external resources in place, and the clinical trials must be appropriately staffed with optimal timelines defined to enable the teams.
- Verbal and written knowledge on in minimum one Nordic language, several are considered as a plus.
We offer an interesting role in a global life science company with a chance to develop your skills further. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application at your earliest convenience and no later than Thursday March 25, 2021. Candidates will be reviewed on a continuous basis.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Klaus-Gustav Beinhauer, Site Management Regional Head, by phone +49 175 3001383
on March 16, between 10-11 (EET) or March 22, between 4-5 pm (EET).
Functional area: Clinical Development and Operations
Seniority level: Professional
Location: Preferably Espoo, other Nordic sites Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen also possible