Are you an enthusiastic claims professional with a passion for logistics and creating a healthier planet for our children?
We are looking for a
to join our Contracts and Claims team in Espoo, Finland.
Your part in Neste’s journey
Your role is to manage cargo and transportation claims related processes and practices enabling efficient claims handling in logistics and operations. Your role also includes creating claims processes for our new logistics models e.g. container transportations as part of larger process development projects. This is a new position and you report to Head of Contracts and Claims, Logistics and Operations.
In your role, you will
- Maintain and build clear processes, instructions and cooperation models for cargo and transportation claims prevention and claims handling in close cooperation with our insurance and legal teams. Demurrage claims are not included in your role and are handled by another team.
- Act as our senior claims expert in cargo and transportation claims. You are responsible for managing most complex claims (and possibly handling some claims categories) yourself and providing support to logistics and operations teams in their claims related work.
- Participate in process and system development projects as claims expert
- Provide claims related training for all relevant internal stakeholders
- Protect our businesses against claims related risks and ensures that claims are handled in a professional and timely manner
- Participate in contract drafting by commenting claims related clauses
You will work closely with logistics, insurance, legal and operations as well as several other internal substance experts to ensure that our claims in logistics and operations are managed efficiently, in accordance with corporate guidelines and in a way that supports Neste's growing business needs. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We also have two teams of experts in Contracts and Claims organisation working with commercial contracts and Demurrage claims, with whom you work in close co-operation.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Suitable education e.g. business, logistics or law studies or similar skills acquired through work
- Previous work experience from cargo and transportation claims
- Ability to drive through improvement projects with high substance requirements and multiple stakeholders
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
We also value
- Previous experience from system and process development work
- Knowledge of international oil, energy and/or commodity business
- Previous experience from container, flexibag and/or ISO tank container operations and related claims
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Matias Koivu, Head of Contracts and Claims on Tuesday, January 12th during 9:00-11:00 (EET).
Please submit your application by January 21st, 2021.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude tests.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.