Chief Project Engineer, Mechanical
Wärtsilä Services provides high-quality lifecycle services that enhance customers' business. Its broad range of services supports both shipping and power generation companies, whenever and wherever needed. Solutions range from spare parts and basic support to ensuring the maximised lifetime, increased efficiency and guaranteed performance of the customer's equipment or installation - in a safe, reliable, and environmentally sustainable way.
Wärtsilä Services, Environmental Projects is seeking a target-driven, energetic Chief Project Engineer, Mechanical to participate in customer delivery projects. Positions will be an integral part of Project Centre Finland team and are one of the key players to deliver growing number of environmental retrofit projects, Exhaust Gas Cleaning, Ballast Water Management and Particle reduction catalysts for Marine sector.
In this position, you will be a part of an experienced project team to execute environmental projects. This job will offer you experience from international business and opportunities to grow as a person in your future career.
Preferred location in Finland is Helsinki and other possible locations are Vaasa and Turku.
- Safeguard that works under own responsibility area are executed according to contract requirements, specifications, instructions and company policies
- Manage project activities according to contract requirements together with external vendors and internal team members
- Plan the works with the total costs, schedule and customer needs in focus
- Integration responsibility for own technical area, including integration engineering between cross-functions
- Technical ownership of the project solution.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architect
- Experience in project management
- Experience with marine industry projects and working with classification societies is considered as an advantage
- Wide knowledge of process technology and related mechanical components such as pumps, valves, tanks, piping systems
- Ability to make a cost-efficient plan for mechanical engineering and installation works
- Procurement skills
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, also under time pressure
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Other language skills are seen as an advantage.
Please apply by 28th of January 2019 via Wärtsilä's web pages:
Contact person to give further information is Sebastian Siggberg, Project Group Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: +358 44 5078725. For further information by phone, please contact Sebastian Siggberg during 8-9 o'clock on Tuesdays or Fridays, or during 16-17 o'clock on Thursdays withing the application period.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2017, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.9 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com
Asiakkaan tehtävänimike: Chief Project Engineer, Mechanical
Yhteyshenkilö: Suvi Ikola