Chief Project Engineer, Electrical
Wärtsilä Services provides high-quality lifecycle services that enhance customers' business. Its broad range of services supports both shipping and power generation companies, whenever and wherever needed. Solutions range from spare parts and basic support to ensuring the maximised lifetime, increased efficiency and guaranteed performance of the customer's equipment or installation - in a safe, reliable, and environmentally sustainable way.
Wärtsilä Services Environmental Retrofit Projects is seeking for a target-driven, energetic person to be responsible for customer delivery projects. The position will be integral part of Project Centre Finland team and is one of the key player to deliver growing numbers of environmental retrofit projects, Exhaust Gas Cleaning and Particle reduction catalysts for Marine sector.
In this role, you will be a part of an experienced project team to execute demanding projects in challenging environments. This job will offer you experience from international business and opportunities to grow as a person in your future career.
Preferred location in Finland is Turku and other possible locations are Helsinki and Vaasa.
- Safeguarding that works under own responsibility area are executed according to contract / requirements, specifications, instructions and company policies
- Managing project activities according to contract / requirements together with external vendors and internal team members
- Planning the works with the total costs, schedule and customer needs in focus.
You will also be responsible for:
- Integration for own technical area, including integration engineering between cross functions and 3rd party equipment suppliers within technical area
- Technical ownership of the project solution
- Full control over the E&A part of Wärtsilä scope of supply, from engineering to the hand-over
- Performing the project work in compliance with project management methodology and business directives.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Engineering (Electrical/Automation)
- Experience in project management
- Excellent understanding of complex E&A systems
- Ability to make a cost efficient plans for E&A engineering and installation works
- Procurements skills
- Skills in cost awareness & effectiveness
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills under time pressure
- Previous job experience from similar fields
- Good Skills in English (both written and spoken).
Please apply by 04th of February 2019 via Wärtsilä's web pages:
Contact person to give further information is Sebastian Siggberg, Project Group Manager, email: email@example.com / phone: +358 44 5078725. For further information by phone, please contact Sebastian Siggberg during 8-9 o'clock on Tuesdays or Fridays, or during 16-17 o'clock on Thursdays withing the application period.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2017, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.9 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com
Asiakkaan tehtävänimike: Chief Project Engineer, Electrical
Yhteyshenkilö: Suvi Ikola