Chief / Lead Engineer, Mechanical
Neste Engineering Solutions Oy
We are looking for an experienced
Chief / Lead Engineer, Mechanical
to join our Mechanical Engineering department in Kilpilahti, Porvoo.
Your part in Neste journey
It is great time to join us!
As a leading expert in mechanical engineering your job is to ensure that your team will achieve high quality and ambitious results in different projects related to process and energy industry. You will perform a key role in supporting project management and closely co-operate with other engineering disciplines to finalize technological and investment projects according to schedule. Our know-how relies on high-experienced professionals skilled in multinational project environment and team work.
In your role, as a successful Chief / Lead Engineer your will,
- Lead engineering teams in projects
- Define correct resources needed in projects
- Ensure compliance of engineering with relevant laws, regulations and standards in projects
- Control both quality and schedule in projects
- Provide progress reporting for projects and prepare cost estimates
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams, partner network and customers.
Our primary CAD tools are AutoCad, Inventor and Microstation. Tools used in strength analysis are VVD and PV Elite. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Why join Neste? We believe we have much to offer for the right candidate, including
- A stimulating position with diverse challenges
- An established and steadily growing solution provider
- A professionally supportive company culture and encouraging colleagues
- Technologically advanced work with our very high-level portfolio of cutting edge projects, worldwide
- Opportunities for working internationally
- Excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Engineering
- Several years of work experience in engineering positions with team leading responsibility
- Solid understanding of Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and EN 13445, EN 14015 and ASME design codes
- Knowledge of pressurized equipment (e.g. vessels, heat exchangers, columns, reactors, filters and unpressurised storage tanks or silos) is essential
- Experience in leading international engineering teams and the ability to cooperate with foreign equipment manufacturers
- Fluent oral and written skills in Finnish and English.
We also value strong attention to details, solid problem solving and collaboration skills. Knowledge and experience of CAD and database tools are considered to be an advantage. The position requires occasional travelling.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The location of this position is in the headquarters of Neste Engineering Solutions in Kilpilahti, Porvoo, which is located only approximately 30 minutes away from Helsinki city center by car. Neste offers free bus transportation from Helsinki and near regions.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Please submit your application by September 15th, 2019.
Please include your CV and a cover letter. Applications are continuously evaluated and the interviewing process will start as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
If you have any questions regarding the position in question, please get in touch with Mechanical Manager, Tero Rakkolainen (+358504582514) on September 6th between 10am and 11am or on September 13th between 10am and 11am.
Neste Engineering Solutions offers high quality technology and engineering services, including engineering, procurement, construction and project management services for the Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals and Bio-industries. Our NAPCON products enhance process industry production optimization, quality and logistics, as well as operator training with simulators and games. We work in close cooperation with our strategic customers and have world-class knowhow in technology development and industrial investment projects. In addition to our head office in Porvoo, Finland, we operate in international Neste locations such as Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Rotterdam, Gothenburg, and in selected customer project sites. Neste Engineering Solutions employ about 1500 engineering professionals globally. Read more: neste.com/engineeringsolutions, napconsuite.com.