We are looking for a Chief Engineer, Power Transmission in Tampere. In this position you are leading Power Transmission design work in one of our development projects in Aggregates Product Engineering.
As a Chief Engineer your main responsibilities are to develop technical solutions according to assortment design principles for our future products and guide the engineering design process and designers. In this role you ensure quality of engineering work and deliver designs according to set timetable. You cooperate on many levels of Aggregates Business Area and give your input in developing tools, methods, and processes in product engineering.
You have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Previous experience in mobile equipment is preferred.
- Work experience and degree in engineering; covering at least one of the following areas: mechanical, hydraulics, electrics or automation
- Experience in diesel power systems and electric generators is preferred.
- You are a systematical and analytical person with good organizational and communication skills
- Fluent communication skills in both English and Finnish
- Knowledge in Machine Safety and other Design Standards and ability to adapt them
- Willingness to travel occasionally to customer sites, fabricator workshops and/or factories
- Understanding in aggregates crushing and screening processes is an advantage
- Work experience with CAD and PDM (Teamcenter and NX preferred)
- Previous experience in leading team of experts is a benefit
- Experience in product development of serial products is an advantage
- Strong customer focus
We offer you an interesting and challenging technical role in a global business environment. In this position, you will use your own experience and knowledge to be part of development team. We believe it all begins with active personal involvement and curiosity. In Aggregates, you will benefit from a hands-on attitude and willingness to learn by doing. We have an environment that combines result-driven and respectful culture in an exceptional way.
For further information about this role, please contact Jukka-Pekka Rantanen, Engineering Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +358503779921.
Please send your CV and application with your salary expectation via Metso Outotec Careers page latest by 16th of January.