Chief Engineer, Instrumentation, Outotec Oy
Outotec Finland Oy
We are now looking for a Chief Engineer to lead and execute process instrumentation delivery projects. We will also consider candidates with less experience than stated below, with ability to grow into a more senior position.
Outotec develops leading technologies and services for the sustainable use of Earth's natural resources. Our 4,000 top experts are driven by each customer's unique challenges across the world. Outotec's comprehensive offering creates the best value for our customers in the mining, metal, energy, and chemical industries. Outotec shares are listed on NASDAQ Helsinki. www.outotec.com
At Outotec we are passionate about building innovative and sustainable solutions that fulfill world’s growing need for natural resources. We are continuously entering new markets and businesses, which creates interesting opportunities for personal and professional growth in our multinational work environment.
Process Control is in the core of Outotec’s technologies. In Espoo we deliver complete process control solutions to metals processing plants all around the world. We use the innovative technologies in engineering, instrumentation and automation. You will be working with leading technologies and experts on the industry.
As Chief Engineer, Instrumentation, you will:
- Work as a discipline lead engineer in international engineering and delivery projects
- Manage budget, quality and schedule of the engineering discipline and instrumentation package in projects
- Select and size instruments to the target processes according to the process and control needs
- Lead and guide a team of instrumentation engineers in projects
- Manage the customer interface regarding instrumentation in projects together with the project manager
- Develop instrumentation and process control concepts for selected plant types and work as a instrumentation specialist for selected process area or technology
- Participate in process instrumentation sales
To succeed, you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in process instrumentation or control engineering
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering
- Pro-active and result oriented hands-on approach to project implementation
- Self-driven and systematic working style with problem solving ability
- A genuine interest in measurement and control of challenging metallurgical processes
- Fluent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of process automation or electrification is an advantage
- Knowledge of metallurgical processes is an advantage
We offer you:
- An interesting and challenging task in a global environment
- Excellent possibilities to develop your personal and professional skills in a world’s leading company
- A possibility to really wide work field; you’ll be part of the project from the pre-planning to procurement
- An opportunity to influence on instrumentation choices and how the work is done
- An international work environment
- Career path
For further information, please contact Barona Engineering; Kristiina Vormala (040 837 4019), best available on Thursdays 1-2 pm.