Owens Corning Paroc is looking for Chief design engineer for Paroc Plant design team.
In this role you will within agreed process areas plan, manage and execute the mechanical design work in capital investment and R&D projects and ensure the produced documents for design fulfill the requirements concerning safety, inquiries, manufacturing, maintenance and use.
You will be working in close cooperation with project managers, designers, process technology managers, production, and maintenance. Improving and developing the production equipment and the way of work are important topics in your daily work.
Your success will be mainly measured through success of delivering: design work in agreed time and in a cost-conscious way, design work that fulfills safety requirements and agreed scope and quality.
Your main responsibilities
- Machine safety (Risk assessments & CE requirements according to European Machine Directive)
- Design schedule and budget (creating, follow up and reporting)
- Ordering external design works (Purchase Requests)
- Agree scope and concept of new production equipment in cooperation with plant, project managers and process technology managers. Act as leader for the design teams and present solutions to the plant.
- Coordinating, supervising, and controlling external design work
- Perform design work yourself when the overall workload allows it
- Take part in dimensioning of production equipment (strength calculations, flow simulations, etc.)
- Give input to E&A design (instrument lists, motor lists, function descriptions, P&I Diagrams)
- Give input to layout and building design (structures, load information)
- Support sourcing in technical matters
- Contact persons to manufacturing workshops in technical matters, take part in FAT tests
- Responsible for documentation (maintenance manuals, operation manuals, spare parts)
We expect you to have
- Min. bachelor’s degree in field of mechanical engineering or other relevant technical field of study.
- Min. 5 years of experience in designing mechanical equipment preferably for process industry.
- Skills in using Solid Works or another corresponding 3D design tool.
- Good networking, cooperation, and interaction skills
- Good communication skills in Finnish and English, other language skills are a great plus
- Knowledge of safety and machinery standards and norms
- Willingness to travel (appr. 30 days/year)
We prefer you to have
- Experience in piping design is a benefit.
- Experience in leading design works is a benefit.
- Skills in using AutoCAD 2D
- Development minded, energetic and curious personality, eager to develop and learn
- Systematic and performance driven, target oriented and self-guided
- Courage to challenge the current situation, innovative
We offer for you
Responsible and independent role in a truly global organization with great colleagues and various development opportunities supported by our corporate culture which focuses on the wellbeing of the employees and provides you possibilities to develop your competencies.
In this role you have the possibility to see the outcome of your work in form of high-quality production equipment for stone wool manufacturing. You can expect to have a highly professional, cooperative, and committed Plant Design team eager to support you, we have a good working atmosphere. You will be able to work in team environment that lets you contribute to the success of the organization.
In this role you report to Department Manager, Plant Design Kim Lundström.
The position is located in Parainen, possibility to work remote for certain amount.
More information and applications
Paroc Plant Design department is a part of Owens Corning European Advanced manufacturing organization and it designs new production lines and production equipment internationally to all Owens Corning stone wool production locations. European Advanced manufacturing organization consists 100 professionals and is responsible for capital delivery projects in Europe as well technology development for Paroc stone wool.
We would like you to start in this position at the latest in the beginning of 2022.
More information about the position gives Department Manager, Plant Design Kim Lundström, tel. +358 40 722 6334 on: Thursday 16th of September 14-15 and Wednesday 22th of September 14-15
Please apply by 26th of September and include your CV and salary expectation.
You can learn more about working in European Advanced manufacturing organization in Parainen from this video.