We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a chief design engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki to develop modernization service products. You will be responsible for leading technical development activities in the building of a frequency converter solution from standardized building blocks and its tailoring for use as a replacement unit to existing wind turbines.
• Providing technical leadership in specification, development and validation of frequency converter solution offered as a replacement unit for wind turbine converters.
• Being the main authority in technical decisions, development activities and design reviews.
• Assuring that the developed solution will meet customer specifications and quality criteria.
• Contributing in particular to the electrical design of converter solution.
• A challenging position in an international working environment.
• The opportunity for personal development as an expert in power electronics, frequency converters and/ or powertrain equipment.
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in systems, power electronics or electrical engineering or another relevant field of technology.
• Good technical knowledge of frequency converters or similar power electronics products.
• Capability to take a lead role on technical side of product development.
• Knowledge of powertrain equipment validation methods.
• Good interaction skills with people.
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in working in product development projects.
• Experience of modernization projects.
• Experience of wind or solar energy technologies and power grid requirements.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64919592 by May 31, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ville Särkimäki, tel. +358 50 332 5762. Preferred contact time Friday between 9-11 am.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com