Chief Data Product Owner
If Commercial serves ~340 000 small and medium sized businesses in the Nordic countries. We make companies feel safe by providing the right insurances at easy and express speed. We are digitizing rapidly and strive for more customer friendliness.
The Business Area (BA) Commercial Control is a management support organization to Commercial BA’s management and business units. Main task is to secure business performance and stability in financial results, both short as well as long-term. Performance monitoring, planning/forecasting, analysis, overall support and special projects are the main tasks of this unit. This work is performed in close co-operation with the stakeholders within Commercial and other units (other BA’s, accounting, etc.). Do you want to be part of Commercial’s journey towards being more data driven?
We are currently looking for a person who can to take on the important and rewarding position as
Chief Data Product Owner
As a data product owner, your main task is to strongly contribute on, how Commercial BA could utilize data better to support decision making. Utilizing data in this context means both the wide array of our internal and external data. You need both be able to facilitate the development by people dedicated to developing our data journey, but also promote and create opportunities turning data into insights widely within the Commercial organization (proper tool stack enabling data availability in an understandable way, training, etc.).
In order to succeed you have the ability to understanding the business challenges, while also having great understanding on how technology and data can enable the organization to improve decisions. You are experienced in working with and leading agile self-sufficient teams that focus on building data assets and products serving the organization with insights through real-time & advanced analytics, data warehouse and business intelligence. You have the project management and leadership abilities to successfully lead and work with various types of working teams.
Close cooperation with many different stakeholders and teams is pivotal in this role, ensuring that we focus on the business needs that provide most value. Supported by the sponsor, you ensure the long-term commitment and the product ownership for the data products. You would be responsible for defining and communicating a clear vision and roadmap for data management in BA Commercial.
- Ensuring high-velocity decision making
- Ensure cross-Nordic and cross-BA solutions
- Is responsible for setting and communicating a clear goal and purpose on his/her responsibility area
- Understands how to use technology and digital solutions to innovate the customer/frontline journeys
- Is responsible for balancing requirements from different stakeholders
- Responsible for including persons with business knowledge when needed to assist teams.
- Should use data and analytics, customer insights and CX as a natural source for improvements
- Is a visionary and creative person
- Is highly available to the teams
- Is able to handle and communicate priorities
- Is important link to the business organization
- Has extensive business understanding, always with an outside-in (customer friendly) approach
- Has a good understanding of agile practices and principles ("lives and breathes agile")
- Understands technical (data analysis and management) solutions, architectures, etc. in an excellent manner
- Preferably relevant university level degree from an applicable education background for the role from the field of quantitative analytics (Finance & Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or similar).
- Good understanding of insurance financials
- Positive attitude towards self-driven way of working and decision-making
- End-product orientated mindset with high standards on quality, relevance and efficiency
- Good presentation skills and ability express complex topics in a concise manner
- Social competence with courage to go into discussions with people from various levels of If organization
- Proactive and energetic personality with good communication skills
- Fluent in English
Possible locations Espoo or Turku. Travelling in the Nordic region will be required.
For more information please contact Jari Kilpinen Head of BA Commercial Control, phone +358 504243745. Calls on Tuesday 25.2. at 12-13, on Friday 28.2. at 11-12, on Tuesday 3.3. at 11-12 and on Friday 6.3. klo 12-13
Please send your application and CV latest by 8th of March