Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Category Manager, at ABB Oy, Smart Power business line in Vaasa. As a Category Manager you will be responsible for executing project within SCM, including identifying sourcing opportunities, translating stakeholders’ requirements into sourcing opportunities, managing supplier relationships and developing SCM processes. You will work in close co-operation with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering. You have possibility to work in and with both global and local teams.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control procurement activities in the assigned area.
- Drive improvement of supply-side quality and performance, supplier management, and product-specific audit support.
- Initiate request for quotations in line with defined category management activities and draw up recommendations regarding suppliers.
- Drive parts approval process in collaboration with technical and quality departments, in addition to supporting lean production and streamlining of costs.
- Oversee operational excellence and supplier performance, implement programs to improve KPIs, as well as ensure compliance with various guidelines, including SOX.
- Provide input relating to budgets, expenditure, and savings to support forecasting by category management.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in a technical or commercial field.
- A few years of relevant working experience.
- Good social skills and the ability to work well in a team are important assets.
- You are determined, capable of strategic thinking, motivated and energetic.
- Fluency in English and Finnish is required, other language skills are appreciated.
- You are familiar with basic IT tools such as MS Office, as well as ERP systems.
- The position involves travel.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI72074074 by December 19, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ilkka Lassila, LPG P&L Manager, tel. +358 10 224 3823.