We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Category Manager at ABB Oy, Process Industries unit in Helsinki or Vaasa. You will ensure that we keep operations running with a reliable supply chain by managing risks and costs and leveraging ABB’s requirements in Northern Europe. In this position, you will find the best available competitive source of material.
• Coordinating with engineering, project management and operations to add value, drive continuous improvement and satisfy customers
• Executing strategic sourcing for assigned categories
• Keeping up to date with market and industry trends within your area of expertise and communicate the potential impact on business
• Act as central point of expertise and knowledge for users in assigned spending categories
• Developing, negotiating, and administering contracts for key suppliers; manage supplier base
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• The opportunity for professional development within the procurement field by being part of a dynamic team covering HBU needs within assigned categories
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in business administration, engineering or supply chain
• A few years’ experience in a relevant field
• A customer-focused, self-motivated and directed attitude
• Strong analytical, reasoning, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience of industrial electrical installation supervision and site management
• Swedish language skills
• PC skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and SAP
• Influencing, relationship, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strategic sourcing experience in a multinational environment
• Experience of erection services projects
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65233678 by August 12, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Torbrjörn Rohlin, e-mail email@example.com.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com