We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Category Manager with a strong background in electronics to join our sourcing team at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will be responsible for sourcing activities in PCBA and box-build categories. You will be working with suppliers to support our customer deliveries and to ensure the profitability of our operations. Internally, you will work in close co-operation with category managers, product engineering and purchasing. Your efforts will be essential for fulfilling key objectives. The position involves some travel.
• Sourcing activities in the EMS category
• Securing availability of materials through close communication with 1st and 2nd tier suppliers
• Analyzing suppliers, cost structures and procurement markets
• Managing annual price negotiations, supplier audits and agreements
• Managing and developing supplier relationships
• Engaging in the continuous development of strategic suppliers and category KPIs (e.g. OTD, quality, cost)
• Contributing to the flawless quality of components, availability of materials, lower purchasing costs, and seamless cooperation with suppliers ensuring best total cost for ABB.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity to learn and take responsibility in a global purchasing environment
• Great prospects for career development and professional growth within ABB.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electronics and several years’ working experience in electronics
• A solid understanding of PCBA components and BoxBuilds manufacturing with proven experience of EMS industry.
• A good working knowledge of data analysis tools and MS Excel/Access/Sharepoint/SAP
• Acute analytical skills and strategic and positive approach to work
• The ability to work well with people from different backgrounds in a global Supply Chain organization
• A self-motivated, independent and proactive mindset with a passion for learning
• The ability to perform under pressure
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in supply chain management, R&D or product engineering
• Technical understanding of the electronics manufacturing business
• Commercial education
• Excellent communication skills
• Chinese language skills is an asset
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65676488 by August 12, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mika Valkama, tel. +358 50 332 1543 August 8 from 2p.m. to 4p.m. or August 10 from 10a.m. to noon.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com