Category Manager - Pointnext Labor
Responsible for managing commodities/categories worldwide, including goods and services that support the company and its customers. Includes setting category strategies; supply base development to meet the company and customer requirements; and supplier contracting and negotiations; supplier qualification; and establishing quality processes / resolving quality issues. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability. Develops the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
- Leads a complex individual supply chain sub-category; including data and industry analysis; reports results to senior managers.
- May lead an international, cross-functional team.
- Meets with Stakeholder senior managers to understand business priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies; influence the industry and marketplace within moderately complex marketplace categories.
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
- Leads Supplier Selection Activities.
- Drives supply base optimization.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with complex suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of large, moderately complex suppliers.
- Partners with suppliers in minor strategic development.
- Provides input on risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operation strategies.
- Assesses current and evolving business models in the marketplace.
- Identifies challenging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using known solutions.
- Advises senior level business leaders on contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and complex suppliers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Excellent team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to create a contract from standard company or customized contract templates with limited supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging contact risk areas.
- Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision.
- Strong understanding of contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Strong understanding of the company.
Job:Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.