Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops and manufactures pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/Finland.
Read how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/merkityksellista-tyoelamaa/software-engineering-that-matters.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for buyers to support Thermo Fisher Vantaa production and R&D in pushing the boundaries of healthcare technology. Our team at Vantaa works together with a variety of stakeholders in production, R&D and supply chain and as part of Thermo Fisher Scientific global procurement network.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for purchasing tasks to ensure continuous material flow within inventory targets
- Perform daily management of the P2P process and development of own responsibility area
- In collaboration with production, engineering and sourcing you perform daily supplier management to develop quality, availability and total cost of purchased materials
- You take an active role in resolving purchased material issues and managing complaints
How will you get here?
- Work experience of purchasing in an industrial environment. You could be in the early stages of your career or a more experienced professional.
- Experience of tasks related to purchase-to-payment process
- SAP experience is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Drive to independently take ownership of tasks and see to that targets are met
- Fluent Finnish and English, verbal and written
- Ability to network across functions and geographical borders
- Teamwork skills
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.TPjAO-I_K by 22.9.2019. Reference: 102760BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the positions will be filled as soon as suitable candidates are found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Senior Sourcing Manager Matti Takalokastari, tel. +358 50 594 4385 on Friday 13th September 9-10 EET or Thursday 19th September 16-17 EET.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com