Buyer for machinery equipment
Meyer Turku Oy
Would you like to be part of Finland’s most interesting technology company?
Meyer Turku is specialized in demanding, innovative and environmental-friendly cruise vessels, car-passenger ferries and special vessels. In Turku, ships have been built successfully all the way since 1737. Meyer Turku has three subsidiaries: Piikkio Works Oy, cabin factory in Piikkiö; Shipbuilding Completion Oy, turnkey supplier of solutions to public spaces in ships; and ENG´nD Oy, shipbuilding and offshore engineering company in Rauma. Together with its German sister shipyards, Meyer Werft in Papenburg and Neptun Werft in Rostock, Meyer Turku is one of the leading cruise ship builders. Co-operation between the three shipyards is developed all the time by sharing the best practices and having collaborative projects.
We are now looking for
BUYER for machinery equipment in a permanent position.
The Buyer for machinery equipment is among other tasks responsible for following tasks
- continuous research of supply market
- execution of inquiry process for machinery equipment
- execution of commercial and technical negotiations
- choice of suppliers (national and international) together with involved departments
- responsibility of ordering process
We are looking for
- technical or commercial education (Bachelor or College)
- several years of experience in the related field
- good skills in co-operation and communication as well as negotiation skills
- competencies in using ERP systems and other related software and office systems
- ability to work together as a team with innovative experts
- good verbal and written English skills
Meyer’s long and reliable history in shipbuilding and its steady order book guarantee a positive outlook for your career in international shipbuilding industry.
We promise you an inspirational work community and interesting tasks with top-notch high-technology products. In this community, you can become the best in the world in your own area of expertise. Internal training will help you expand your know-how even further.
We also consider free-time wellbeing and satisfaction of our employees important. The shipyard’s own occupational health clinic provides a wide range of medical services. Our own gym and other excellent physical exercise opportunities guarantee that you will not run out of spare-time activities.
At Meyer Turku, you are part of the team building the most luxurious and beautiful cruise ships in the world.
For further information
Head of procurement department
+358 46 920 7815 (calling time on Fridays between 8-11 o'clock)
Please fill the application and your CV in English.