MEYER TURKU procurement is strengthening its’ organization and offering position as
Buyer for investments in a permanent position.
The buyer for investments is among others responsible for following tasks:
- execution of inquiry process for investments at the shipyard
- execution of commercial and technical negotiations
- choice of suppliers (national and international) together with involved departments
- responsibility of contracting and ordering process
The start date for the job: August 1st or later.
• technical or commercial education (Bachelor or Master level)
• several years of experience in the related field
• good skills in co-operation and communication as well as negotiation skills
• competencies in using ERP-systems and other related software and office systems
• ability to work together as a team with innovative experts
• good verbal and written English skills
We offer attractive and versatile tasks in shipbuilding with international perspective.
For further information please contact Dominik Sandmann, head of procurement department, +358 46 920 7815. Contact is possible between 17th and 20th of July.
Meyer Turku Oy employs 1,900 persons and specializes in building highly complex, innovative and environmentally friendly cruise ships, car-passenger ferries and special vessels. Together with two sister shipyards in Germany, Meyer Werft in Papenburg and Neptun Werft in Rostock, Meyer Turku is one of the world’s leading cruise ship builders. The successful shipbuilding tradition in Turku has been continuing since 1737. The company is currently building cruise ships for TUI Cruises. The company will also build two cruise ships for Costa Crociere, Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean International.
The design and construction of the ships are supported by the subsidiaries of Meyer Turku: Piikkio Works Oy, which is a Cabin Factory in Piikkiö, Shipbuilding Completion Oy, which provides turnkey solutions to public spaces in ships, and ENG´nD Oy, which is an engineering company offering services for shipbuilding and offshore.