Business oriented Internal Auditor
Sampo Group Internal Audit is responsible for internal audit activities within Sampo plc and its subsidiaries If Group, Mandatum Life Group and Topdanmark Group. It is a function independent of business operations and the mission is to evaluate the sufficiency and effectiveness of the internal control system and the quality with which tasks are performed in Sampo Group. The If/Mandatum Life unit consist of 12 auditors in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Estonia and the Topdanmark unit consist of 7 auditors in Denmark. The CAE report functionally to the Sampo Group Audit Committee and to the Boards of Directors and administratively to the CEO.
The internal audit work is carried out in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Role and responsibilities
Internal Auditing is a unique way of working with the whole group from a high-level perspective, as well as supporting the business in improving their internal control, governance and risk management processes. We are looking to fill a position as an Internal Auditor that can combine business knowledge, analytical skills and team work. We prefer a background in auditing, insurance business or another financial sector. We offer an interesting and great opportunity to get insight into all functions and processes in an international environment. The Internal Auditor will report to the CAE.
Your areas of responsibility will be:
- Carry out audit projects both independently as a project leader and in audit teams
- Communicate audit results to management on various levels of the organisation
- Have a proactive, independent and direct interaction with the business
- Contribute to developing the competence within the team as well as the continuous improvement of our ways of working
- University degree within finance, law or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of internal auditing from the financial sector, another internal audit function or a consultancy firm
- Desirable to have applicable professional certifications such as CIA and/or have a clear and comprehensive understanding of internal auditing, IIA Standards and Code of Ethics
- Structured and precise, as well as focus on delivering on time
- Flexible and taking initiative
- Fluent Swedish and English skills both orally and written
- Analytical and motivated by problem solving
- High communications skills and a strong team worker
- High level of integrity
The position is located in Bergshamra, Stockholm, Sweden and requires some amount of travel.
The recruitment process Is carried out by Transcendent Group
If you have any questions, please contact;
Martin Malm, Recruitment responsible, Transcendent Group
email@example.com +46 7033 359426 or
Ann-Marie Andtback Beckman, Chief Audit Executive, Sampo Group Internal Audit
firstname.lastname@example.org +46 70 234 3603
The last day to apply is November 18, 2019.