Business Manager (Pricing & Market Analysis)
The heart of Finnair’s commercial activities is Revenue Management and Pricing (RMP), which manages revenue in excess of EUR 2,000 million. This function performs analysis and complex optimization to determine what is the best possible price level and passenger mix on any route, any flight, any day, any time of the year. Currently the demand forecast is created on individual flight level, but in order to support Finnair’s growth strategy and the expected increase in connecting traffic flows in Helsinki hub, Finnair now invests in an origin-destination based (O&D) revenue management system. Implementing an origin-destination based system will add more dimensionality to the demand forecasting and optimization functions, and therefore Finnair is looking for skilled resources to complement the current team of Revenue Management professionals.
In order to support growth, we are now looking for an internationally-oriented and competent
PRICING MANAGER / PRICING ANALYST
Pricing Manager works within the Revenue Management & Pricing department to define and deliver Finnair’s worldwide online pricing strategies & methodology. Pricing Managers at Finnair are responsible for maximizing Finnair’s revenue performance across all cabins for their assigned portfolio. This will be achieved through the development of detailed pricing strategies and conducting rigorous & detailed evaluation of Finnair’s competitive positioning across all online markets and channel segments. Pricing Managers are independently responsible for the pricing of their appointed market area(s), while concurrently following the overall strategy and targets.
Pricing Managers at Finnair will apply pricing best practice and utilize pricing tools to ensure that Finnair’s customer proposition is competitive in all market segments. This is a goal oriented role where Pricing Managers are responsible for delivering the revenue target associated with their portfolio. On a regular basis the Pricing Manager presents the development of demand in regular forums on market performance and outlook analysis and cooperates closely with the respective units in the Global Sales organization and joint business partners to take pro-active actions.
- Responsible for O&D performance and agreeing actions to maximize revenue
- Responsible for delivering the commercial budget and revenue targets for assigned portfolio
- Required to carry out comprehensive analysis on market performance and forecasts regarding appointed portfolio, including development in yield, demand, competition, market share, passenger flows
- Maintain Finnair’s price competitiveness and product offering in appointed market(s) for all passenger segments and airline fare types in accordance with the distribution channel strategy
- Coordinate pricing strategies for assigned countries within Finnair
- Plan and coordinate tactical actions with sales units and marketing to optimize revenue and maintain market share
- Drive and take ownership of market development projects
- Master's Degree or equivalent in economics, aviation or business
- Good overall business knowledge and understanding of the airline industry
- Ability to analyze and integrate detailed numerical information from various sources and clearly communicate their implications to business
- Understanding the impact of fares and fare rules to demand (price elasticity) and topline revenue.
- At least 4 years of experience in revenue management functions, a proven track record in international business and a strong business mindset
- Assertiveness and ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to work in projects and a matrix organization
- Willingness to travel required
- Advanced system skills (Amadeus, Altea, Cognos, SITA Airfare Insight, MS Office, MS Power BI).
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please fill in the application form, complete with CV, cover letter and salary request by 18th of February, 2018. For more information, please contact Senior Manager Network Demand and Pricing Tatu Seppä (+358 40 720 3499) on Tuesday 13th of February from 14:00-16:00 (Finnish local time GMT+2) or Finnair Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.