Business Director, Hotel and Restaurant Sector, BaronaBarona
Innovative and people-oriented leader, come with us to build the future of Barona and the horeca industry!
What is Barona?
Barona is a service company where work meets technology. We are one of Finland's largest employers, and we build better working life with people and well-being at the center. We recruit, train, consult, coach, rehabilitate. For companies, we build comprehensive solutions that combine human and technological potential. Today we are more than just an HR service company.
We are looking for a Business Director for our Barona restaurant and hotel business unit. In your role as Business Director, you are responsible for managing and developing the business of our horeca business and addressing the labour shortage that is challenging the entire industry in a manner appropriate for a market leader.
We're looking for a leader who inspires
Are you curious to find new business opportunities and able to develop customer-oriented service solutions? Great! In this role, we want to see a result-oriented, innovative and, above all, inspiring leader who gives their team both responsibility and freedom in line with Barona's values.
You get to lead a team of 50 people who put their heart into their work. They are inspired, they innovate and they are ready to succeed under your leadership every day.
The revenue of our horeca branch is approximately EUR 60 million and strong growth targets can be achieved under your leadership. In your role, you report directly to the company's Board of Directors and business management.
Is this you?
• You have a strong understanding of business and have already accumulated experience and achievements in the management and development of profitable operations. You measure yourself through numbers as well as the success of your team and the growth of the people you lead.
• You are a brave and passionate agent – as are your future colleagues throughout Barona.
• You value a wide range of competence and diversity. You help your personnel to develop – you are a leader they can trust. You lead by example and with your decision-making abilities even when something unexpected happens and the pressure increases. You lead by coaching.
• Your cooperation skills are excellent. As Business Director, you will play a key role in building an increasingly customer-oriented and stronger Barona with us. This requires fruitful cooperation with Barona's customers, our various business units and other stakeholders.
• You have a strong command of English. The command of (or willingness to learn) the Finnish language is considered to be an advantage.
• You act naturally when in contact with the media and are happy to share with the media both Barona's vision and goals as well as your opinions as an opinion leader.
• Having experience in international activities is definitely to your advantage. We do not require - but appreciate – experience and knowledge of the solution business, the horeca industry or the HR services industry.
• You are ready to co-sign Barona's values for freedom, courage, working together and responsibility.
The position gives you the opportunity to influence the development of the entire horeca industry. Naturally, you are also involved in creating Barona's future. You can receive cross-industry support from other business operations, the technology team and the marketing and communications team. You will find that we are working on a lot of things that will be of great use in the near future.
Our primary office is located in the center of Helsinki, but we operate nationally and, increasingly, internationally. The work involves some travel. You can start working quickly or by agreement.
Interested? Apply for the position during September and join us to make the difficult simple, the rigid flexible and growth obstacles a thing of the past!
Your questions concerning the position will be answered by Recruitment Manager Kristiina Vormala (+35840 837 4019), best available on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and on Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.