We are looking for someone that is passionate about converting waste to energy to become our Municipal Solid Waste Business Development Manager (fixed term, maternity leave substitute), located in Espoo
Your part in Neste journey
As a Business Development Manager for our MSW (Municipal Solid Waste) Initiative, you will drive commercial business development in the selected MSW projects to create new business opportunities beyond Neste’s existing businesses in our journey to become a
global leader in renewable and circular solutions.
In your role, you will
• Lead or participate in various projects from evaluations to business development with selected partners
• Co-develop business opportunities with external partners
• Develop business models and value propositions
• Conduct market and value chain analyses
• Convert the data into valuable insights and recommendations, and develop reports and presentations for experts and top management.
Our Innovation Business Platform commercializes technology and business initiatives to create profitable and sustainable new business. You will collaborate with several external and internal stakeholders. You will work closely with your colleagues in project teams aiming at opportunity commercialization. The position is within the Neste Innovation function and requires entrepreneurial and pro-active mindset.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
• Minimum five years of relevant work experience (e.g. business development, management consultancy, technical sales)
• Understanding of one of the following areas: biofuels, chemical industries, or waste management
• University degree from a relevant field
• Solid experience in project management
• Resilience to succeed in complex projects
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluent English language skills, other languages an advantage
• Curiosity towards new ideas and opportunities
• Team player attitude
• Willingness to travel
We also value
• Understanding of biofuel regulations or waste regulations
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our
customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Are you interested in taking forward new opportunities to convert them to sustainable and profitable business?
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with the Head of MSW Initiative, Virpi Kröger, +358 50 458 4379, on 25.3. at 10-11 EET and 29.3. at 12-13 EET.
This is a fixed-term position (maternity leave).
Please submit your application with your CV, cover letter and salary request by April 4, 2021.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.