Business Development Manager
Are you an ambitious professional eager to build new businesses for Neste on our path to becoming a global leader in renewable and circular solutions?
We are looking for a Business Development Manager (New Business Platforms) to join our Lignocellulosics Business Platform in Espoo, Finland.
Your part in Neste’s journey
The Lignocellulosics Business Platform is responsible for building a new business for Neste in fuels, chemicals and materials produced from lignocellulosic material such as forestry and agricultural waste and residues.
In your role, you will
- Play a key part in creating the next growth businesses for Neste
- Lead and coordinate the evaluation of new business opportunities in the lignocellulosics sector
- Drive the development of attractive new business opportunities towards commercialization and investments
- Develop partnerships with companies across the value chain
- Lead and participate in various projects and development initiatives related to business case assessments, technology evaluations, investments, acquisitions and partnerships, and best practice development
You will work closely with various roles and teams within the new business platforms as well as other internal and external stakeholders. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master’s degree from a relevant field, e.g. business or engineering
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience from e.g. business development, strategy or consulting
- Strong project management capabilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset, drive, willingness to learn and commitment to succeed in complex projects
- Good collaboration and communication skills including the ability to develop relationships with external stakeholders
- Fluent English, both written and spoken, other languages an asset
- Willingness to travel
We also value
- Earlier experience from e.g. biofuels, biomaterials, biochemicals or other related industries
- Experience from new business development and partnership development
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer-centric mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Juha-Erkki Nieminen, Head of Business Development, tel. +358 50 458 5089 on the 31st of January during 14 - 15:30 EET or on the 7th of February during 13 - 14:30 EET.
Please submit your application (including CV and Cover Letter) by February 16th, 2020.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are planned to take place as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to create a healthier planet for its children. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 4400 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.