Business Development Manager
Sulzer Pumps Finland
To support our business growth, we are looking for a
Business Development Manager
for the pulp, paper and board industry.
As a Business Development Manager, you will become a member of the enthusiastic business segment team at Sulzer Pumps Finland. The team has a strategic role and it focuses on market research, following up and identifying new technologies as well as creating new business opportunities and partnerships. The team works closely with front end sales, market support and R&D to improve the organization’s process knowledge and to provide application support. One of the main responsibilities of the team is to open new business opportunities by participating in joint research and development projects with our key end customers and research partners. This way we can ensure a leading position in the fast-developing wood raw material based industry from the very beginning.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide the business unit and sales management with relevant business / business potential information to push growth.
- Support in defining and preparing the strategy and road map for the market approach and participate in the development of long-term business planning.
- Develop key customer relationships together with sales management, targeting a preferred supplier position with early involvement in technical development.
- Participate in joint technical research and development programs with key customers and research partners to ensure technical leadership.
- Follow and analyze our competitors and our competitiveness.
- Define segment related product development needs and participate in product development / launch programs.
- Coordinate segment specific marketing actions and create content for marketing and sales materials.
We are looking for you – a self-initiated and active person with a suitable technical education (MSc, BSc).
Your professional profile:
- Experience and knowledge related to relevant customer processes and applications.
- Applicable experience in the areas of R&D, product management, process/applications design, sales, innovations or business development.
- Good marketing and communication skills and capability to work in a global team. You also have excellent networking skills and a hands-on approach and attitude. You have plenty of fresh ideas and are willing to share your inventions and to learn new ways of improving our business.
We offer you interesting tasks in a multi-cultural environment. You will have the opportunity to apply your business experience, be part of a global organization and influence the business performance of Sulzer.
The preferred location is Kotka, but also other sites can be considered.
Did we catch your interest?
For more information, please contact Reijo Vesala, Head of Business Segment Pulp, Paper and Board, phone +358 50 559 3272, available on April 10 at 9–11 am, April 11 at 1–3 pm, April 24 at 9–11 am and on April 25 at 1–3 pm.
Please submit your application with CV and salary request at www.sulzer.com/en/about-us/careers (see our open positions and search by Finland) on April 28 at the latest.