We are looking for a Business Controller to lead a step change in Commercial Finance to support our local vision of becoming more effective business partners to help the business leaders in driving top line growth and operational efficiency.
The position’s responsibilities will be adjusted according to the candidate's experience. The ideal candidate has around 4-7 years of experience in business partnering but more importantly the person can turn financial analysis into suggestions, proposals and interpret the data so that it will provide insights to business stakeholders.
Foodora is a part of Delivery Hero Group. You will join the world’s largest global food network company operating in 50 markets with 27,000 colleagues. The company has had an organic top line growth of around 100% the last years, resulting in Net Revenue of 2.8 billion EUR in FY2020. The revenue guidance for FY2021 is 6.1-6.6 billion EUR. You will be part of the Delivery Hero Finland Finance team who supports the growth company in the geographical area of Finland. Additionally, you will be a key part of Nordic Team and in regular connection towards HQ in Berlin.
- Play a key role in driving a step change approach to Commercial Finance and leading as a Business Partner to the Operations, Commercial and Marketing team.
- Provide financial support to the Operations to enhance the financial performance of the business, understand the drivers behind the revenue growth and the profitability.
- Leading the performance of the local operations through proactive P&L management, including monthly closing procedure, and analysing the performance.
- Identify development opportunities and lead & manage projects to improve the efficiency in financial processes and tools.
- Identify business opportunities to maximize company’s revenue and profit in collaboration with the Head of Finance and Country Managing Director.
- Partner with the operations’ teams to develop and deliver on Short- and Long-term Strategic plans. Active part of strategic planning including finance support in portfolio analysis, price modelling, business cases and ad-hoc requests.
Skills, education and experience
- Master’s degree in Finance or relevant field
- Fluency in English, Finnish is preferred
- Preferably 4-7 years of experience in particular in the area of business control / commercial finance / finance business partnering (responsibilities will be adjusted according to the candidate's experience.) Experience in working with non-finance colleagues
- Strong persuasion, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-motivation / proactive. Independent and self-managing.
- Preferably experience in Revenue Reporting, Revenue Growth Management and building Business Cases.
- Ability to influence people
- Strong attitude towards root cause analysis and problem solving, execution mindset
- A desire for continuous learning & improvement
About our culture
“We have an amazing positive and supportive team and I feel everyone comes to work with a smile on their face. Mondays never feel like Mondays with these guys.” (Employee survey 02/2021) At foodora we don’t care whether you come to work in a hoodie or in a collared shirt, as long as you come as yourself!
With us, you get into a fast-paced and ambitious work culture. For balancing effective work, we need fun: we enjoy remote lunches and virtual employee events together. When the situation allows and we get back to our amazing office again, we will have lunches together and enjoy pool matches during the coffee breaks.
With us, you get tasty benefits from our brand foodora, as well as other great employee benefits that support your mental and physical wellbeing. At the moment we are working from home but it has always been a standard practice for us that you can work where ever suits you the best. It is also especially important for us to take care of our employees so we have insured our employees with additional Fennia health insurance and leisure travel / luggage insurance.
Take the first step in joining the fun and send us your application! The position is full time and permanent. Please send your application as soon as possible but no later than 27.5.2021.