Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
To support this growth, we are now looking for an experienced Business Controller to join our finance team based at our headquarters in Espoo, Finland. In this position you will report to the Finance Director.
Your daily tasks:
- Being a trusted business partner to the operational teams of the organization driving effective collaboration
- Providing financial analysis to support the decision making of our business
- Reviewing and developing business plans, investment proposals, evaluating bids and sales proposals
- Developing and presenting annual operational targets & updated forecasts in collaboration with key stakeholders, you will also identify and quantify business risks and opportunities
- Supporting business from finance standpoint by providing relevant details as well as understanding the big picture
- Ensure that all financial forecasts (sales, margin, department costs) and targets are robust and realistic
- Supporting the business in budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation of monthly accounts and management reports to management teams
- Ensure that the possible variations to forecasts and targets are fully understood
- Analyzing and developing reports, KPIs and dashboards to track and visualize performance
- Developing data analytics to enhance better external data usage
- Identifying key areas for improvement, for your role and the business
Your attributes that we need:
Ideal candidate is a self-starter that enjoys identifying challenges and then solving them. To succeed in this position, candidate should ideally have:
- MSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Confident personality and someone who is at ease working in teams and with senior stakeholders
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Analytical and business driven mindset, curiosity towards the unknown
- Ability to interpret, simplify and analyze large amount of data to support decision making
- Track record of strong performance and an innovative thinker who can apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of controlling.
- You have the ability to work independently and to enable agile ways of working, and feel comfortable in dealing with risk and working with ambiguity.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work under tight deadlines
- You have superior Excel skills and understanding of BI tools (e.g. PowerBI or Qlik)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Finnish skills a plus
- Experience in fast-paced business environments or working with growth companies is considered a plus
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until 8th October 2020.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.