In spring 2019 Glaston acquired Bystronic glass and doubled the size of its global operations. In the past year we have focussed on integrating the finance teams and finance practices of the two companies. Now we are planning to step up the Group management reporting and financial analysis to meet totally new level of requirements.
We are now looking for a strongly business-orientated
Business Controller to join our team in Tampere, Finland.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Business Controller you are in charge of the business controlling activities for some main Business Areas (BA’s) and Regions of the Glaston Group. The position is part of the Business Control Team with closest colleagues in Finland and Germany. In this position you will play a vital role in supporting Glaston’s mission and Business Areas as well as Group Management. Business Controller will report to Vice President Business Control based in Germany.
- Manage and develop Group management reporting including monthly reporting to the Executive Management Group and the Board of Directors, with dedicated areas of responsibility
- Manage and develop the Group’s financial analysis and forecasting process
- Function as the business controller for BA Heat Treatment Technologies with its factories in Tampere and Tianjin/China and the EMEA region
- Manage one direct report responsible for Tampere factory controlling
- Work together with EMEA finance team to steer and develop Group management reporting and analysis as well as forecasting processes
- Understand the overall Glaston strategy and conduct the process of preparing three-year financial plans based on the strategy
- Provide input on strategies and activities to increase financial performance including working capital
- Challenge and drive business decision making by providing a fact-based view on the issues
- Work together with Glaston financial shared services in Tampere to improve the quality of financial information and efficiency of the process execution.
You are business-savvy and have an excellent understanding of business operations. You are customer-orientated, with good networking and communication skills in a cross-cultural environment and enjoy working in international teams in various locations. You are open-minded with a genuine interest in learning, utilizing and developing financial planning and reporting processes and tools. You have a hands-on, operational style of working and pay attention to details, while still being able to maintain the big picture and think strategically.
Ideally you have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Management Accounting or equivalent
- In-depth understanding of management accounting and reporting requirements of an international Group
- Some 3-5 years of hands-on experience in an international and industrial environment, preferably in a medium-sized group
- Excellent knowledge of financial tools such as e.g. IBM Cognos, IBM Planning Analytics, Excel and SAP
- Fluent command of written and spoken English and Finnish
- Good leadership skills, and being able to motivate people beyond organizational lines
- Commercial flair, drive and energy.
What Glaston offers you
Glaston's purpose is to build a better tomorrow through safer, smarter and more efficient glass solutions. We offer you a vital role in supporting Glaston’s mission and Business Areas as well as Group Management.
Glaston also offers a versatile and challenging role to develop yourself and have an impact on an international stock listed company and a continuous learning opportunity as well as benefits that will thrive for engagement.
For further information: please contact our recruitment partner Eezy Personnel, Mika Ahlfors +358 3 3138 0464 (best reachable during the week 13 and 15-16) or Joni Juusola +358 50 566 7391.
Please send your application including CV and salary request via www.personnel.fi, no later than 19.4.2020.