Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
UPM Wood Sourcing and Forestry is now looking for a Business Controller for a permanent position, to join our team in Tampere, Finland. Business Controller is responsible for providing high quality financial analyses and support for the steering of Wood Sourcing and Forestry (WSF) in the processes and in the geographical area(s) under one’s responsibility. Are you ready to take in the challenge?
UPM Wood Sourcing is responsible for providing wood, a key raw material to our businesses, in a sustainable way in Northern Europe, Russia and Baltics. We drive to be operationally efficient, performing on a high level to give our very best to our internal and external customers and stakeholders.
What you will do:
- High quality financial / performance analysis and systematic performance follow-up
- Drive and support continuous quality and efficiency / cost management improvements
- Drive and facilitate forecasting and budgeting processes
- Develop and harmonize business control end-to-end processes and related tools
- Manage and develop internal controls
- Develop and support closing and reporting activities in co-operation with UPM Record to Report team
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you have to have a Master’s degree in accounting or equivalent, and minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Excellent Excel skills and analytical capabilities are essential, and experience with analytical tools (Tableu/PowerBi/Lavastorm/other) is considered highly valuable. Also experience with SAP/HFM is seen as an advantage for you.
The position calls for a highly motivated team player with a result oriented way of working and strong aspiration for development with proven track record. We further expect you to be proactive and to have good communication and networking skills. It is also required that you have a good command of English and Finnish languages.
This is what we offer for you:
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Location of the position will be Tampere, Finland, but travelling in other UPM locations within Finland is required.
Are you interested? To apply, please submit your application via OurWorkday portal by the end of September 8th, 2019.
For further information, please contact Ms. Eeva Niiranen, Director, Business Control & Analytics, UPM Wood Sourcing and Forestry, tel. +358405328664.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.