ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Business Controller for Propulsion Solutions unit, ABB Marine and Ports in Helsinki. In this position, you are responsible of financial management and reporting for the business unit and have high operative focus by for example conducting project controlling for customer projects. You collaborate with multiple stakeholders from business functions in the unit and proactively support in broad portfolio of finance matters and drive for the business performance. This position is maternity leave substitution and expected term is 1,5 years.
• Financial management and reporting including monthly closing, estimation and budgeting
• Project controlling in the unit including supporting project managers in financial matters
• As a member of local unit management team drive the profit and cost management and estimation including business unit, project and cost center level estimates and analysis.
• Support in ensuring that company governance model and internal controls are in place and implemented in the unit
• Proactively collaborate with local business counterparts and take role as a sparring partner in financial matters
• A challenging position in an international working environment and possibility to gain insights and learn financial management in international project business
• Mature platform of processes and system in international company
• Dynamic working environment
• Possibility to work at customer focused company
• A few years’ experience of financial management in a global business environment preferably in industrial project or manufacturing business
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Strong SAP knowledge
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from many layers of organization and under time pressure
• Result oriented working style
• Good and proactive communication skills
• Good skills with Microsoft Office Excel
• Written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position as soon as possible!
If you have questions, please contact our recruitment partner at Barona, Senior Consultant Janne Laaksola, 050-467 2652.