Business Controller, Finland
We are looking for an analytic and ready-to-take-action Business Controller to Nordea Life Assurance Finland, subsidiary of Nordea and one of the greatest workplaces in the country. This is an opportunity for you to work with us in a modern working environment, with excellent colleagues and great opportunities to enhance your personal development, not to mention a challenging range of tasks and the prospects of different career paths provided by a big corporation.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Nordea Life & Pensions Finland, which is one of Finland's biggest life insurance companies. We manage 16 billion euros in customer assets and our annual premium income is over one billion euros. We are a part of the Nordea Life & Pensions group, which belongs to Nordea's Asset & Wealth Management business area.
The Business Control-function is responsible for providing support to company's management, business units and departments in decision making and financial planning. We also provide support in strategic target setting process and with high-quality tools follow up and analyse the success against predetermined goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Business Controller, you are actively involved in developing company's management reporting, sales reporting and KPI setting
- You'll provide analyses and alternative calculations and estimations to support decision making and analyse profitability from different perspectives
- You will participate in budgeting and rolling financial forecast processes and follow up actuals and develop and provide variance analysis
- You will also participate in developing our BI tool landscape; currently we are working with Qlik Sense
- As a finance expert you will have possibilities to participate in business development projects
- We expect you to build and maintain co-operation with our stakeholders in Nordea Group
The role is based in Helsinki. Welcome to a team reporting directly to the CFO. Nordea Life Assurance Finland was again this year selected as one of Finland's greatest workplaces by Great Place to Work institute. High-quality work and constant improvement are the foundations we build upon and we have also been awarded ISO9001 certificate to prove this.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You have an academic degree e.g. a Masters' degree in Accounting, Finance or similar and a few years of relevant working experience
- We expect you to work in a goal-oriented, professional and achieving manner
- You are interested in processing information and drawing conclusions from it and capable of analytical thinking and observing causal relationships
- You communicate fluently with different units and organizations, enabling a flexible cooperation within your networks
- On top of collaboration, presentation and prioritization skills, we appreciate you having a command of Office tools, especially Excel, and technical knowledge e.g. SAS, VBA or SQL
- You take initiative in advancing development actions and in the spirit of constant improvement you highlight improvement needs in our procedures and processes
- You are able to work fluently in Finnish and in English, both spoken and written
- You are guided by curiosity and the will to learn new things, as well as a desire to succeed
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 11 August 2019.
For more information about the position, please contact Mikko Puranen, email@example.com
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.