Business Analyst Trainee, Elisa Viihde (Helsinki)
Elisa Viihde is the leading digital entertainment service in Finland. We cover all your entertainment needs –original series, the largest selection of Finnish movies and the latest Hollywood films, an extensive range of TV shows and sports you can't see elsewhere. The service offers subscription video-on-demand services, rental movies, and an extensive range of pay-TV packages. Over 300,000 households enjoy Elisa Viihde entertainment services.
Are you close to graduating and looking for an opportunity to show your skills? Would you like to work with improving and developing a leading digital entertainment service in our Elisa Viihde -team?
We are now looking for a Business Analyst Trainee to join our team at the Elisa Consumer Entertaining Services Business. The position is a family leave substitute until 31.12.2021. If you prefer, you can work part-time in the autumn. After the traineeship there is also a good chance to continue your career with us as a full-time or part-time Business Analyst.
In this role, you use an experiment-based approach and follow PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) method to help the business team to transform data into customer and business insight. Your primary responsibilities are to find scalable ways to increase our customer acquisition, activation, retention, and happiness. In practice, this means running tests to experiment hypotheses, analyzing data from various sources, and synthesizing recommendations.
You also participate in developing methods, tools, and usage of analytics in collaboration with business managers, data scientists, digital service designers, and other stakeholders. You get to help to develop our capabilities to put data to work for our customers and business.
You get to participate in developing the most popular entertainment service in Finland and an opportunity to truly grow as a professional in the growing field of data-driven business. We encourage you to take initiative and make a difference. You will be working closely with senior executives and specialists with deep domain knowledge in digital services.
In this role, we appreciate following skills and experience:
- Programming skills (Java, C++, Python, R and R), understanding of statistics and data modelling
- Familiar with relevant BI tools (SAS, R Shiny, Stan, Hadoop, Excel, QlikView)
- Data analysis skills: ability to gather and combine data from various sources to build reports and analyze customer behavior
- Experience from Big Data skills
- Ability to translate data into information and insights to support business needs
- Produce written documentation and visualizations to present your analysis and findings to stakeholders
- Good communications skills and ability to work proactively
- Ability to work both creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Willingness to continuously learn more about data analytics and business intelligence
- Enthusiasm for data analytics and data-driven business development
- Creativity in displaying information visually
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Experience from a digital entertainment service, tech startup, management consultancy, or media agency is seen a benefit
- Studies for a suitable academic degree preferably close to achieving a degree, in fields like statistics (data science), mathematics and computer science
You will work closely with business and data analytics teams. Your work has a significant impact on the actual business, and you can change the way of working towards even more data orientated. Apart from an interesting and challenging job, we offer you the support of an extremely professional but surprisingly laid-back team, flexible working methods, yummy employee benefits and of course the opportunity to learn about future opportunities within Elisa.
The position is located in Pasila (Helsinki), but like the rest of the elisians, you can work flexibly (in Finland) wherever and whenever it suits you best. Elisa is by proof one of the best places to work in Finland, and we can't wait for you to join us! Check out more reasons to join us.
Interested? Send us your application as soon as possible! We’ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
For more information about the position, you can turn to Magnus Pettersson: magnus.pettersson[at]elisa.fi