We are recruiting a BIM (Building Information Modelling) / AutoCAD Coordinator for our international client in Hamina.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator as the role involves interfacing with clients, project
teams, subcontractors and internal departments. A logical and methodical approach to managing a workload
is necessary.The role involves working in a standalone capacity and being part of a team.
The BIM technical coordinator will be primarily site based with the possibility of some travel to other Data
Centre locations. They will have responsibility for the day to day BIM project and model co-ordination, data
activities and actions including the production and modification of 2D AutoCAD drawings. Working closely with
various team members, to ensure successful BIM production, integrations, R&D and delivery from 'cradle
to grave'. Reporting on a daily basis to the relevant site team but direct line responsibility being an assigned Lead
● Overall lead contact for Subcontractors, Design Teams and the Client and responsible for ensuring
issues with design are resolved and production of design outputs related to specific package or time
● Responsible for providing an as built/area coordinated plan that meets the project programme.
● Escalating risks to own team, compliance with standards and methods and spatial coordination
and BIM / CAD delivery. Propose resolutions to co ordination clashes
● Manages spatial coordination on behalf of team. Production of project outputs.
● Assist and be aware of incoming and outgoing data, models and documents relevant to ensure that
changes are identified, that the accuracy of drawings and models held on file are maintained, and
that data issued are in the required format and using the required method
● Work to a high standard of accuracy and quality.
● Have a desire to always develop further knowledge of REVIT, Navisworks, AutoCAD and associated
● Develop and integrate 3D, 4D, 5D & 6D principles and apply to software packages (eg Revit, Asta,
Synchro, Navisworks etc)
● Be aware and adopt principles held in the client design standards throughout the working life of the
● Work within and follow the processes, workflows and procedures for successful information exchange
on project work
● Produce project outputs such as data drops
● Ensuring timely delivery.
● Work within an established common data environment where necessary or applicable and interface
with all relevant parties.
● Advise on modelling best practice. Mentor and educate where needed and necessary.
● Validate model compliance against BEP, RIBA stages and agreed data drops
● Model coordination and interrogation, ensure models work together (federate as necessary), maintain
master model, ensure information remains interoperable, clash detection, quality checks, data
● Connect BIM to office and site activities, be instrumental in its adoption and promotion.
● Identify, capture, export and report key data from working models
● Creating visuals from models for team use or to proactively highlight issues.
● Promote BIM
● Be capable of delivering the client employers information requirements
● record and keep accurate records of all impacted documentation issued by consultants / contractors
through each stage of construction
● Liaise with architects/contractors to ensure that all parties are working with the correct drawings and
other design documents
● Use G-Suite to provide accurate information and regarding the status of all drawings and other design
/ approval documents
● Ensure that an effective internal review loop is maintained so that all documents are properly
reviewed by the Project Team
Post Construction Stage
● Support to Document Controller in the archiving of project documentation
It is vital that the company presents a consistent approach to the client across all projects throughout the
account and the Document Control Lead performs a key role in ensuring consistency is maintained.
They shall liaise with all projects on each campus in order to share best practice, help to develop innovation
and ensure a consistent approach
Essential Skills and Qualifications
● Excellent communicator - Excellent English Speaker
● Ability to chair meetings with project team and client alike
● From a Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health background, design or construction.
● Creative and independent thinker with problems solving skills.
● Proactive and enthusiastic in encouraging and nurturing a BIM.
● Good technical and software skills
● Quality focused
● Proven BIM track record including authoring tool
● Willing to travel
Working knowledge and understanding of:
● Construction and services
● PAS1192 & CIC BIM protocols
● IFC and other commonly used data exchange formats
● Common Data Environment
● Autodesk Revit MEP inc worksets, families and template files
● Autodesk Navisworks Manage inc Timeline
● Autodesk Autocad CADmep aka Cadduct
● Asta power project or Synchro
● Other CAD or BIM software experience would also be beneficial but not essential.
● Laser site surveying equipment (training will be given where necessary)
The recruitment is executed in co-operation with Adecco Finland Oy. More information and enquiries will be available from Adecco: HR Consultant Sami Mentula, 040 358 2035 between 2-3 pm, email@example.com
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found. Apply now, but on 27th of July the latest at www.adecco.fi/tyopaikat. Please attach your English CV to the application.
Asiakkaan tehtävänimike: BIM /
Yhteyshenkilö: Sami Mentula