Beef Breeding Manager
Do you have experience with beef breeding and commercial knowledge as well as understanding of the cattle industry? Would you like to be a key person driving the growing demand for beef breeding in our home markets as well as to our export markets?
Join us to work with competent and dedicated colleagues across the organization as you secure an optimal Beef Breeding programme in VikingGenetics.
As Beef Breeding Manager, you are responsible for selecting bulls for the Beef Breeding Programme and together with the Senior Breeding and Product Manager and Genetic Development Manager design the optimal Beef Breeding Scheme. The VG Beef Breeding Programme is dedicated to be the optimal choice for beef x dairy crossbreeding which is a highly growing product.
You will have close cooperation with the home markets to supply the members with the best possible product (both for crossbreeding and pure breeding) based on the demand in the market, and at the same time you will secure availability of the requested genetics to the Export Managers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Drive the selection, purchase of bulls and semen import to ensure the optimal product for beef x dairy and pure breeding.
- Optimize semen production planning of Beef Bulls for home market and export
- Be Secretary for the Viking Beef Committee.
- Close Co-operation with National Beef Breed associations
- To succeed in this role, you need experience with beef breeding and a commercial mindset as well as theoretical understanding of cattle breeding. You are ready to take on the dialog with the stakeholders in the home and export markets as well as the Beef Breeding associations.
- Knowledge about the cattle industry.
- Evident planning and organizational skills
- Prominent social skills and ability to handle cultural differences, internally and externally
- First class communication skills, able to operate in a structured, professional and effective manner
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- English in written and spoken.
- Travels must be expected.
We offer you:
An exciting job with opportunities for professional and personal development. We value initiative, enthusiasm, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
A position in a professional and dedicated company, and the opportunity to influence the development of the whole company.
Place: Hollola (Finland), Assentoft (Denmark) or Skara (Sweden).
For more details, please contact: Senior Breeding and Product Manager Claus Langdahl, phone +45 2129 0554.
Applications with appendices should be sent to: email@example.com