Backend/Fullstack Engineer (Automatic Optimisation)
As a Fullstack Engineer within the automatic optimisation team, internally called Autopsy, you will build new capabilities to our core product and make sure our customers find the product efficient, easy to use and most importantly valuable. You will work as part of an independent fullstack team, so communicating with other engineers, product managers and designers is essential.
The main focus of team Autopsy is to build automated optimisation and A/B testing tools for our customers. Our codebase needs to be reliable, robust and easy to work with. Our customers—world’s largest Facebook advertisers—rely on us to optimise their advertising spend and keep up with the ever changing online advertising ecosystem.
Tech stack: Typescript + NestJS, React, PostgreSQL, PHP
As a Backend focused Fullstack Engineer, you will:
- Design, build and operate a modern web frontend for thousands of users.
- Design, build and operate microservices running on AWS/Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including working with product and UX/UI design to create great user experiences.
- Deliver and run web-based tools for large audiences.
What we're looking for:
- You are interested in solving our customers’ problems through code. Code has value only if it solves the right problem, and to know what the right problem is you need to understand enough of our business.
- Several years of experience as fullstack web developer. You do not need to be an expert in the exact technologies we use (though we don’t hold it against you if you do), but you should be ready and willing to learn them. We hope you have a history of learning new technologies.
- Communication skills. We have over 60 developers working on the same product. We strive for a modular architecture, but there will always be a need to coordinate work by talking and writing. Also, at Smartly everyone does product support, so you will even get to chat with our customers.
- Self-driven mindset with focus on helping others. After going through our initial onboarding and completing some users stories with your team, you should be on your way to becoming a valuable contributor. Eventually you will be able to decide for yourself what is the best use of your time, and how to best help the company move forward.
What we offer you:
- We are building our core product so you will have a significant personal impact on our customers and our business.
- Opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there (if you are interested in customer work).
- Great and talented colleagues to work with.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Our recruitment process
1. First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
2. Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
3. Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
4. Technical interview: we'll discuss various areas relevant to developers' work at Smartly.io and get an overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
5. Final stages: you'll do an interactive programming exercise with one of our developers and meet our Engineering Director.