Backend team lead - ePassi
ePassi Payments Oy
Are you fluent in code? Are you interested in how to improve yourself and others? Then we are sure you would be a great fit for us. Epassi Payments Ltd is growing and we are looking for a Backend team lead to Espoo, Finland. We have flexible working style and remote work is possible.
Epassi Payments Ltd is looking for a seasoned Java / Ruby developer with an interest and leadership skills. Your main tasks are to act as a supervisor to 10 backend developers and to be able to write code yourself. The role is brand new, and it can be shaped in various ways depending on your interest and emphasis.
Our office is located in Espoo, but it is possible to work remotely. You may be required to drop by a couple of times a month.
Your main responsibilities:
- 20-50% of the working time will be used for acting as supervisor for 10 backend developers
- 50-80% as a software developer
- refining and discovery of business requirements, architecture of desired product features and API’s
- demoing features and gathering the feedback, documenting, and deploying to production
- continuous improvement of team’s way of working (product, Devops and Agile sound practices)
You will be a great fit if you have:
- minimum 3 years of experience with Ruby and/or Java development
- experience as a team leader, or a strong knowledge in leadership
- experience working in an Agile environment
- working proficiency in English, Finnish is a plus
Why to join Epassi:
- We dare to care. We are striving to lead and be at the forefront of financial technology and mobile payments
- We grow together. We are a fast-growing tech company, our team appreciates new ideas and innovative approaches
- We drive change. With the market-leading product, Epassi services have more than 1,5 million users in Finland and Sweden
- We play to win. We have a unique environment – international and motivated people who trust, inspire, and support each other to perform and win together
- Benefit package, including private health care, lunch benefit, wellbeing & culture benefit, healthy snacks & refreshments at the office
The position will be filled immediately when a suitable person is found, so don’t hesitate to apply as soon as possible. The recruitment is conducted in cooperation with Barona IT.