Backend Engineer - Digital Experience
Zalando Finland Oy
As a Backend Engineer, you will develop the core components that decide what content is shown to each customer on the Zalando Fashion Store. The infrastructure that you will build with your colleagues will serve thousands of requests per second.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Full development cycle: Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact customers inside and outside of Zalando
- Together with your team, you will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS/Kubernetes)
- Work closely with Product to define the next steps to be taken
- Collaborate with stakeholders inside the company, peer teams, economists and researchers to deliver the correct solutions to ensure our long and short-term goals are achieved
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of JVM and JVM languages (Scala preferred). Functional Programming and Data Engineering skills are a plus.
- Interest in all parts of the software development life-cycle, from understanding the requirements to software development, deployment and operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, share your knowledge and learn, work actively in an agile team process.
- Interest in learning new things and delivering solutions also outside your core competence, limited frontend coding experience, working with Google Data Studio reports, and modifying DevOps pipelines, etc.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.