Backend Engineer - Connected Retail
Zalando Finland Oy
As a Backend Engineer, you contribute by delivering a brand new and exciting service for our B2B partners in the Emerging Businesses unit, a start up generator within Zalando. Our Connected Retail team is on a mission to connect 640.000 offline stores to Zalando with the aim to make omnichannel work. Therefore this is a chance to have a real impact on the way consumers experience and participate in the fashion ecosystem by building something completely new that is tangible and significant for our customers.
Joining us as a Backend Engineer you will be supported to grow while working with exciting modern technologies in teams with a high level of autonomy. The main tech stack consists of Scala, Kubernetes and AWS.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build an ecosystem where our partners can connect to and sell at Zalando
- Together with your team, you will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS)
- Participate in company wide development of best practices at Zalando
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Solid command of at least one major programming language and interest in working with Scala
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment pipelines, modern software release practices, AWS and Kubernetes
- Bring best practices for building and maintaining SaaS software, positive energy and no-job-is-beneath-you attitude
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.