Are you in the early stages of your developer career and want to take the next step within environmental technology? We are looking for a Jr. Backend Developer for our customer company Oilon to join their growing software development team. In this position, you'll get to work in the heat pump and burner product development team. We offer you an exciting journey which you will have the opportunity to influence in! You have preferably gained already some experience in the field but what matters the most, is your attitude!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a junior Java developer for Oilon for heat pump research and development. Your team is responsible for a program used for selecting, designing, and developing heat pumps and burners. The purpose of the program is to make the operation most user-friendly and straightforward. The focus areas are improving energy efficiency, reducing emissions and new solutions based on renewable energy sources. You will work closely with heat experts to consult them on the details of the equipment.
We offer you a great opportunity to develop into a true software development professional in the industry as part of a top team! Oilon Oy supports the development of its employees and you have the opportunity to work completely remotely.
* Modern working environment and technologies
* Nice atmosphere and support from the whole team
* Agile modes of operation
* Excellent opportunities for professional growth and development
* A professional, experienced and comfortable work team
* Software development tasks according to your knowledge
* Participate in the development of physical devices through software development
* Participation in development projects
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Proactive attitude and willingness to develop one's skills
* Team-player and communicative
* Competence in Backend - development and basic knowledge of Java (Java.fx)
* Our ideal candidate has experience in version control (Git) and working in Spring or Springboot APIs and Jira
* Fluent communication skills in English or in Finnish
Understanding of physics and interest in environmental technology are seen as advantages.
* Start: As soon as possible
* Working hours: Full-time
* Location: Lahti, Vantaa or Kokkola
* Contact Information: Academic Work is responsible for this recruitment process on behalf of its client company Oilon Oy and all inquiries regarding the position should be sent to Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Oilon is a family-owned, global energy and environmental technology company, founded in 1961. Oilon specializes in environmental technology with a special emphasis on research and development. The focus areas of the research and development are on improving energy efficiency, decreasing emission levels, and developing new solutions using renewable energy sources. Read more about Oilon.