Backend Developer (Facebook Campaign Management)
Smartly.io Solutions Oy
As a Backend Developer within our Facebook Campaign Management team, Midas, you will be building our core product for Facebook. You’ll work on the APIs, and data models powering our campaign creation and automation features, allowing our customers to effectively build and manage their campaigns. As part of the team, you will redesign, modularise and develop our existing services to better support service architecture and more maintainable codebase.
Tech Stack: TypeScript, React, OpenAPI, Kubernetes
Our team works to modularise our original PHP codebase to serve other teams with well-defined APIs for Facebook campaign creation and to help us react faster to changes in our ecosystem. A big part of this work is also extracting functionality from the older codebase into new services written in TypeScript. The parts of the application this team is responsible for experience high loads in the very core of our business and present interesting challenges due to the distributed nature of the data and the third party dependencies.
Read How We Reworked Our Architecture.
As a Backend Developer you will:
- Redesign and provide campaign management APIs for multiple teams.
- Improve our software architecture and build new services.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders in diverse teams.
- Deliver and run web-based tools for large audiences.
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience from working with Typescript.
- Experience with refactoring legacy codebases and redesigning software architecture.
- Experience from working with complex SaaS products.
- We appreciate the ability to work with PHP codebase but it is not a requirement.
What we offer you:
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the product you’ll be building because of our strong culture of ownership.
- Experienced team to redesign our software architecture with.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Who we are
Smartly.io is building a platform to automate every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. We are a global team of over 350 Smartlies with footholds in 13 cities, serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and Zalando.
We’re building the best product company to work for, where highly autonomous engineering teams can take full ownership of creating world-class software. As a Smartlie engineer, you get to tackle challenges of considerable scale and complexity. We develop our product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the largest online businesses globally.
We take ownership, optimize impact and maximize learning. Smartlies choose us and grow with us thanks to the company culture and smart colleagues. Learn more at smartly.io/culturehandbook.