ANDRITZ Oy is looking for an Automation/IIoT Development Engineer for supporting projects and developing new solutions for automation Metris projects.
ANDRITZ Metris solution combines data from design and automation systems with new measurements, such as camera image recognition results to gain extra value for data analysis. You will work as part of a group delivering on-site and cloud-based solutions helping ANDRITZ to deliver Metris systems for pulp and paper industry. You will be working within the global ANDRITZ organization, and globally operating with customers and suppliers. Your role can be tailored based on your working experience and skills.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• You have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in automation, computer sciences or similar or you are looking for MSc / BSc thesis work opportunities.
• Good English skills, both spoken and written.
• Willingness to travel both domestic and abroad.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• Basic knowledge of typical site control system architecture.
• Basic knowledge of network and protocols.
• Basic skills with Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Basic understanding of typical cyber security measures.
• Some of following programming and scripting skills, like
The following experience or skills are preferred, but not required:
• Good knowledge of PLC based control systems
• Previous working experience from automation and IT systems.
• Working experience from remote connections.
• Knowledge of other languages is an anvantage
The location of the job can be an ANDRITZ Oy office in Lahti, Kotka, Varkaus or Tampere.
Further information about the position will be given on May 3, 2019 between 1.00 and 4.00 p.m. and May 10, 2019 between 1.00 and 4.00 p.m. by Director, Automation Products, Seppo Silenius, p. +358 40 860 6937 or Manager, Site Communications, Tatu Liimatainen,
p. +358 40 860 5793.
Please send your application by May 15, 2019.
ANDRITZ Oy is a leading global supplier of systems, equipment and services for the pulp and paper industry including wood processing, fiber processing, chemical recovery, and stock preparation. In addition, ANDRITZ Oy offers biomass boilers and gasification plants for energy production. ANDRITZ HYDRO Oy, located in Tampere, delivers systems, equipment, and services for hydraulic power generation. The number of employees of ANDRITZ companies in Finland is approximately 1 300. The Centers of Excellence are located in Kotka, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Savonlinna, Varkaus, and Tampere. The Headquarters are located in Helsinki, Finland. In addition, ANDRITZ Oy owns subsidiaries Savonlinna Works Oy and Warkaus Works Oy. The company is owned by ANDRITZ AG of Austria.
ANDRITZ Oy as an employer offers you varying challenges, freedom of planning your own work, and development opportunities in a fast-paced international technology company. We all are highly qualified professionals proud of what we do, committed to our success, and believe in our future. You will be surrounded by a positive team spirit and supportive colleagues willing to cooperate, share knowledge, and learn together. Fulfill your potential - come and join us!