Automation EngineerValmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4.500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle Systems business line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
What we are looking for
We are looking for Automation Engineer to drive our project activities in new line projects and engineering changes.
You are responsible for specifying, designing, implementing and deploying automation system solutions. You coordinate automation planning and equipment deliveries, and control stakeholder / subcontractor activities.
You work in close relation with other organizations, equipment vendors and external support. You support production with automation and production system related problems, both in locating the faults and in corrective actions. You train also production personnel in the use of automation systems.
In this position you will report to Manufacturing Engineering Manager directly and cooperate in parallel with Project Manager.
Location of this position is Uusikaupunki site.
What we expect
- M.Sc or B.Sc degree, preferably in engineering or equivalent experience
- Analytical, detailed and logical way of working
- Capability to take on responsibility and lead demanding development subprojects
- Good problem-solving skills and think out of the box
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills with ability to work in a cross-functional team and matrix organization
- Familiar with relevant industry standards
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
- Knowledge of 3D design programs as Catia, Siemens NX, SolidWorks
- Knowledge / experience in designing of robot systems is preferable
- Programming knowledge and experience in different kind of PLC systems as Siemens or Omron
- Knowledge / experience in sensor systems and machine vision applications
This is a most thrilling and responsible position in our new business line, working on one of our strategically most important topics - battery systems for e-mobility. You will be part of Valmet Automotive and part of building the future of automotive mobility and future oriented industrial solutions. Valmet Automotive with its typical Nordic calmness provides an international footprint and an environment which enables employees to go forward and succeed with their jobs. Where a long heritage as one of the world's most significant car builders meets up with the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work–life balance and a feeling of creating something new.
Please apply latest by Sun 23.10.2022.
We are interviewing and fulfilling this position as soon as we will find suitable candidate, so please be quick.