ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer or Senior Automation Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Vuosaari, Helsinki. You will be responsible for designing automation software for ship automation systems, acting as an automation application specialist in a multi-disciplinary project team. In this position, your tasks will include designing and implementing automation systems, testing and commissioning, project reporting and documentation.
• Designing automation software for ship automation systems
• Acting as an automation application specialist in a multi-disciplinary project team, responsible for solution design and programming for control systems and user interfaces
• Designing automation systems based on project-specific functional descriptions, and implementing these applications in ABB's automation system
• Testing complete solutions and on-site commissioning, as well as project reporting and documentation
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology in an international environment and to further your career in a global company
• An M.Sc. in automation or control engineering, or a similar educational background
• Familiarity with, and preferably hands-on experience in, PLC programming and IEC 61131-3 languages
• Knowledge of industrial communication buses and protocols, such as Ethernet, NMEA 0183, Modbus TCP/IP and RTU, PROFIBUS, and OPC
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills and the ability to produce clear and comprehensive reports and documents
• A readiness to travel and an excellent command of English
Ideally, you have
• Familiarity with programming in C/C++ or C#
• Knowledge of cybersecurity issues
• Good spoken and written Finnish skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI61242896 by September 30, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Sami Laine, tel. +358 50 332 1172.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com