Automation Engineer (embedded controls), Wärtsilä, Vaasa
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 30.3.2021
Are you technically savvy, outgoing and motivated to work in close collaboration with others in an agile project environment? We are now looking for an Automation Engineer to our client company Wärtsilä to work with development projects related to embedded controls and engine automation. In this role you will get the opportunity to challenge yourself as a part of a team of skilled and passionate experts in the field. If you have an educational background in automation or computer science, have some previous experience in automation system development or programming and you are eager to level up your skills as a part of an experienced team, apply today!
ABOUT THE ROLEIn this role you will work with development projects in the field of engine automation. The projects are carried out using agile methods according to SAFe framework and you will be a part of a cross-functional team of five to eight people. The development activities are carried out in two week sprints and your daily activities includes programming new features, defining and repairing test cases, writing user documentation and reviewing defects. Our teams are self-oriented and teams pick development items from the backlog according to priority. You will participate daily follow ups where the team discuss progress of the different tasks and offer each other help. You bring your knowledge in either automation or computer science to the team and learn more as you go.
You are offered
* An opportunity to work in a leading global company
* Comprehensive training and support from your team
* An opportunity to learn about agile methodologies
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
* Participating in development projects
* Working as a part of a team in an agile work environment
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* A suitable educational background (i.e. automation / process engineering / computer science)
* Some previous experience in system configuration, testing or programming
* Knowledge in at least one of the technologies: C/C++ or Matlab Simulink
* Fluent English skills both written and spoken
An understanding of working according to agile methods and knowledge of software terminology is seen as an advantage.
We are looking for:
* Excellent communication and co-operation skills
* Willingness and curiosity to learn
* Business-oriented mindset
* Start: End of May 2021
* Work extent: Ongoing
* Location: Vaasa
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Wärtsilä that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
OTHER INFORMATIONWärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsiläs net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1439785
- Työsuhde: Määräaikainen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Vaasa