Automation Engineer, After Sales and ServiceExperis
Rosendahl Nextrom Oy is the leading global supplier of production technologies for optical fibers and fiber optic cables. Our core competencies include solutions for optical glass making, fiber drawing, fiber coating, ribbon making, proof testing and fiber optic cable production. From first contact onwards, we provide customized high-quality solutions and personal support to ensure total customer satisfaction.
Rosendahl Nextrom Oy is a part of Rosendahl Nextrom group. The parent company Rosendahl Nextrom GmbH is an Austrian based company which belongs to the family owned Knill Group. Rosendahl Nextrom is a global leader in battery, cable & wire, and optical fiber production technologies. Our goal is to connect customer needs with our technology. Quality, customization, product know-how and close co-operation with our partners are our core values.
For us at Rosendahl Nextrom, it is not enough that we design, manufacture, and assemble our solutions; it is our joy and motivation to create professional solutions perfectly suited to particular needs of our customers.
Find out more at www.rosendahlnextrom.com.
Now we are looking for a:
Automation Engineer, After Sales and Service
to a permanent position to our Vantaa office.
In this position your main responsibility is to provide automation related customer support and service in collaboration with other automation engineers. You will troubleshoot and find solutions to automation related issues individually and with the help of internal stakeholders. You will communicate solutions effectively to our customers.
Most of our support and service is provided remotely, but you will also get to travel to our customers globally, when needed. When the service work is not requiring all your concentration, you can also participate our upgrade/modernization projects as an automation software designer. You will help in testing the machines and can join the commissioning of these projects at our customers. You are an important part of our dynamic upgrade team, which operates on all of our product areas.
The workload is shared with other automation software engineers in the team. Overall, you will have constant support of our after sales team and you will be also guided by other automation software engineers and product management in our organization.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Solving software related support requests from our customers. Finding solutions in collaboration with our experienced automation engineers and communicating solutions to customers.
- Making service visits to our customers globally when problems cannot be solved remotely.
- Helping with the automation software design of upgrade/modernization projects for our customers.
- Helping in testing of designed solutions and machines in our premises at Vantaa.
- Participating software commissioning of upgrade projects at our customers globally.
- Travelling amount is up to 20% of yearly working time.
Important Stakeholders & Communication skills
You need to be able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders. You will discuss with different internal stakeholders to find solutions to automation related problems and then communicate the solutions to our customers. The main internal stakeholders are the other automation engineers, electrical engineers and product managers. Sufficient verbal and written English skills are required. Writing technical documentation and communicating instructions verbally is needed.
Requirements to succeed in the role:
- Master's or bachelor's degree in automation engineering or other relevant education
- Any prior knowledge of automation engineering is an advantage, from example:
- Automation system design knowledge
- PLC software design (for example Siemens S7 Classic & TIA, Allen Bradley)
- Experience of drives & motors (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron etc.)
- Basic knowledge of hardware engineering (ability to read electrical diagrams)
- Experience of troubleshooting and working with older automation software systems
- Motivated team player with interest in achieving targets together and developing personal skills
- Good communication skills. Written and verbal English
- Willingness to travel
What we offer?
When working at Rosendahl Nextrom you get to be part of a leading global supplier of production technologies for optical fibers and fiber optic cables and work with highly motivated and professional colleagues. Our customers are all around the world and we offer you a truly global business environment.
Our Vantaa office is located near Aviapolis train station (1km) and Kehä III.
Did we catch your interest?
To apply, please fill in the application as soon as possible, and latest by 25.10.2022.
We are waiting for your application!