ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an Automation Electrical Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Helsinki, Vuosaari. You will be responsible for developing control cabinets, instrumentation and cabling for vessel motion control and machine vision systems. In this position, you will be part of a team developing state-of-the-art technology vessel command bridge products for maritime customers.
• Developing command bridge control cabinets, instrumentation and cabling for vessel motion control and machine vision systems
• Developing technology products for maritime customers in close cooperation with them
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company, gaining valuable know-how and experience required in R&D development projects and other positions
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc.in electrical engineering
• A few years’ experience of electrical design
• Experience with CAE tools
• The ability to work independently
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Experience in the maritime industry
• Knowledge of EPLAN
• Good knowledge of the Finnish language
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI61234038 by August 12, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Antti Matilainen during week 32, tel. +358 50 33 22 893.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com