If Vahinkovakuutus Oyj
At If, we strive to give our customers confidence today to shape their tomorrow. Trust is our backbone, we stay ahead, and we always put our hearts into it. We always try to improve.
We are looking for a assistant underwriter who will be a part of the Underwriting Solutions in Finland.
Working at If
If is the leading property and casualty insurer in the Nordic region, with more than 3.7 million customers in the Nordic and Baltic countries. We offer a modern and diverse workplace where lawyers get to work side by side with mathematicians, IT-programmers, economists, salespeople, nurses, former policemen and others. We have an open and inclusive culture where we encourage creativity and new thinking. Our business is divided into four business areas: Private, Commercial, Industrial and Baltics.
If Industrial has 350 employees providing tailored global insurance solutions to many of the largest companies in the Nordics. We have more than 200 fronting partners around the world enabling us to insure our industrial global clients.
As an Assistant Underwriter, you will be a part of the Nordic Underwriting Solutions team in Industrial Business Area. Your colleagues work in Cargo, Liability and Property and this role is cross functional between the lines of business.
What does an Assistant Underwriter do?
In this role, you will:
- be responsible for the insurance policy and program administration for number of customers. This means, for example, setting up global insurance programs, monitoring and follow-up of customer payments, ensuring that local insurances are issued within global programs, preparation of insurance documents, financial follow-up of premiums.
- have external contacts with clients and brokers, both in connection with renewal work and ongoing during the year, regarding e.g. the structure, price and terms of the insurance program.
- have ongoing dialogue with our branch offices and network partners.
- plan and follow-up of activity plans.
- be part of quotation work together with sales, risk management, claims and underwriting.
- participate in project work as well as testing of tools and reports.
- assist in the development of our administrative processes.
Who you are
To be successful in this, it is preferable that:
- You enjoy and are used to customer contacts as well as internal contacts across Industrial Business Area.
- You are analytical, structured, systematic and good at prioritizing different tasks.
- You have good command of the various Office programs as well as deeper knowledge in Excel.
- You have excellent communication skills – minimum of good knowledge of spoken and written English is a must.
- You have a positive attitude.
- You are willing and capable of working at high speed under pressure from time to time and you enjoy working in a team.
- You are used to work with IT tools and to getting acquainted with new ones.
- You have high integrity and commitment working towards common goals through cooperation.
This position will be located in Espoo. Travelling to our offices in the Nordic countries may occur after the pandemic.
Send you application no later than 10.5.2021.
Questions? Do not hesitate to contact Kari Koljonen, Head of Casualty UW and Underwriting Solutions Finland, 050 424 5781 / email@example.com.