Assistant, Office Services
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are looking for an Assistant to work as a part of the Office Services team in Northern Europe Research Center, Lappeenranta from 1st of June 2019 until 31st of May 2020.
Based in Lappeenranta, Finland, the UPM Research Center comprises the research and development for the global operations of UPM-Kymmene Corporation.
Greetings from your future manager
”Come and work in our great team. We are looking for an energetic and friendly team player who enjoys versatile tasks and knows how to prioritize them. You can be newly graduated or already have previous work experience. Let’s meet and discuss if you could be the person we are looking for.”- Liisa Räisänen
What you'll do
Your main tasks will be to support Office Services team by making logistic arrangements for R&D sample deliveries, both export and import, including some dangerous goods samples.
Your tasks also include:
- Purchase invoice handling
- Project cost reporting when needed
- Updating of our internal databases
- Meeting and travel arrangements
- Fluent co-operation in Office Services team
- Versatile administrative tasks and processes
Who you are
- You have a suitable degree or corresponding qualification
- IATA and IMDG certification for logistics issues are considered as an asset
- You are fluent in Finnish and English, both spoken and written
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Committed to work both independently and as a member of our team
- Strong interpersonal communication and co-operation skills
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Motivated, flexible, pro-active and good problem-solver
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career. We also provide you competitive salary and benefits package.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Is this the opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application via Apply button by 30th of April 2019.
We review applications already during the application period, and you may be contacted before the application deadline. For further questions, please contact Manager, Office Services, Ms Liisa Räisänen tel. +358204154061.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace.